Dana should license out brand names Strikeforce, Pride, WEC etc, to indie orgs to use on fightpass

TitleDefJusticeWarrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So they won't be plunging in loads of money in running multiple promotions but at the same time but try and get them a rub. You might say what if they get big and then become a challenge to UFC, but then they can just take away the name and all the brand licensing. Run Pride in Japan, WEC for midgets, and Strikeforce to take out Bellator once and fall. Both the indie company and UFC can make more money respectively and not be one way benefit, perhaps more eyes on fightpass. And you could also have inter promotional superfights and have multiple champions like in boxing, where like Francis can be a 4 way promotional HW champion for example, have him tour the world, really build this fucker.

Dana please hire me. I can send you my resume.

All of those brands were what they were because of the fighters they housed and the ways they were operated. The only time slapping a known name on a new product would work in MMA was UFC itself when Zuffa bought it.

I get that you're going for brand name recognition, but fans of any of those brands are likely to disagree with you on this.

There’s so much wrong with this.

1) Dana White doesn’t own shit and can’t licence anything.

2) All of those brand names are now associated with failed business. While some older fans may have fond memories of fights from those orgs, the ONLY value in those names is the nostalgia.

3). Would you, as the owner of a smaller mma org want to tie your business to a brand name that could be taken away at any moment? Plus, using a brand name like Pride means you’d have to tie your entire business to the “Pride” competition feel, stopping you from evolving your own product, very much limiting any potential business growth.

There’s so much wrong with this.

1) Dana White doesn’t own shit and can’t licence anything.

2) All of those brand names are now associated with failed business. While some older fans may have fond memories of fights from those orgs, the ONLY value in those names is the nostalgia.

3). Would you, as the owner of a smaller mma org want to tie your business to a brand name that could be taken away at any moment? Plus, using a brand name like Pride means you’d have to tie your entire business to the “Pride” competition feel, stopping you from evolving your own product, very much limiting any potential business growth.

1. UFC owns all those brands and their libraries.

2. No one in the MMA fandom cares that their failed businesses because we are not investors, we are MMA fans.

3. Yeah I'm sure LFA are expecting big things in the future LOL. Maybe the license name gets them such good income that they can eventually buy the brand and the library outright or be bought out by Endeavor.

1. UFC owns all those brands and their libraries.

2. No one in the MMA fandom cares that their failed businesses because we are not investors, we are MMA fans.

3. Yeah I'm sure LFA are expecting big things in the future LOL. Maybe the license name gets them such good income that they can eventually buy the brand and the library outright or be bought out by Endeavor.

So let me ask you this then. If you own an org, LFA for example, why exactly would you want to change your name to Pride? What would you get? You somehow think changing your name automatically means you’ll make more money, how exactly? Do you think there are fans out there who will suddenly begin watching your product simply because you changed the name but didn’t change your product? The only reason they weren’t watching LFA originally was because they didn’t like the name? Not to mention the added costs of having to pay the licensing fees for that name. If there was ANY value in the names, why would the UFC let a competitive org use it?

So let me ask you this then. If you own an org, LFA for example, why exactly would you want to change your name to Pride? What would you get? You somehow think changing your name automatically means you’ll make more money, how exactly? Do you think there are fans out there who will suddenly begin watching your product simply because you changed the name but didn’t change your product? The only reason they weren’t watching LFA originally was because they didn’t like the name? Not to mention the added costs of having to pay the licensing fees for that name. If there was ANY value in the names, why would the UFC let a competitive org use it?

How are the orgs on fightpass competitive? They wouldn't be given the platform if they were. They have a partnership with UFC. And the UFC can give those licenses for free to get more payees on fightpass so THEY can make more money, along with the org. And yes to the rest.

So you want the UFC to create the equivalent of the WBC WBA WBO & IBF?

You realise this would not only stretch fighters very thin, but also make fighters duck harder than ever.

How are the orgs on fightpass competitive? They wouldn't be given the platform if they were. They have a partnership with UFC. And the UFC can give those licenses for free to get more payees on fightpass so THEY can make more money, along with the org. And yes to the rest.
So let me get this straight.

Step 1: take a failing/under performing business and change the name to a different, already failed business.

Step 2: ...

Step 3: Profit!

Got it.

Am I the only one here that genuinely likes LFA, Cage Fury, Titan FC and Cage Warriors? Because I feel like the UFC licensing them and running them is better than say TUF or Contender Series for two reasons.

Firstly they don’t need all the melodrama of TUF.

Secondly the contender series does one of two things to either needlessly baby’s fighters by giving low level competition. Or pushes young fighters too early.

With these promotions under the UFC family fighters can build experience, become champions, and have sponsors on their shorts. Plus Conor had a more hype coming into his first UFC fight than most new fighters because he was already double champ over in Cage Warriors.

Back