Time for Lawler vs Perry right?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I love lawler and would assume he should beat perry but this is the fight to make, both on skids, it was supposed to happen not too long ago, loser leaves town fight for sure.

Perry needs a year off, a shrink, and a coach that gives a shit.

hard to expect that given his lifestyle and attitude towards the money

Yeah but Lawler's skid is due to much higher level competition than Perry. Robbie Lawler ha fought a murder's row of contenders in his losses. Perry lost to new comer.

Lawler losses
Prime Tyron Woodley
Former Champion RDA all 5 rounds
Ben Askren in a weird fight due to referee fuck up
Number 1 contender Colby Covington- all 5 rounds
Perennial contender Neil Magny on short notice all 3 rounds

Perry Losses
Vicente Luque. Reasonable loss. by split decision
Geoff Neal in first round knockout
Win over Mickey Gall, though I think he is super overhyped
Loss to Tim means
Loss to Daniel Rodriguez

Last edited:
Perry should go to a real camp and start taking his career seriously before his chin gives out. Still got time to turn his career around.

Crazy how Perry went from someone who had the potential to become a star, mostly due to his crazy personality, to someone who now risks getting released by ufc

Lawler would annihilate Perry at any stage over their entire lifespans.

Perry needs a year off, a shrink, and a coach that gives a shit.
Ya Mike definitely needs to get his mental health right, first off. That being said, I don’t think any training camp makes mike elite. He’s a fun fighter, that’s his niche.

I love lawler and would assume he should beat perry but this is the fight to make, both on skids, it was supposed to happen not too long ago, loser leaves town fight for sure.

Do you want Perry to die? Even current Lawler mops the floor with Perry.

I doubt Perry wants Lawler to be the one that blasts him right of the UFC. That's what would happen if they fought. Perry needs a W if he wants to be re-upped and remain in the UFC. His next opponent should be picked wisely but there are no easy Ws out there for him.

For being a slugger, Mike Perry does a terrible job slugging. He hasn't stopped anyone in 4 years.
Lawler hasn't even thrown a punch in 4 years.
Not sure I want to see this.

It will always be the right fight to make.

Could be interesting.
I still believe in Perry.
Perry has all the physical tools, and appears to do well with well structured training.

Unfortunately he is living like a rich hillbilly, running around getting into fights with things both living and inanimate, frequently losing to the latter, and when he wins the former his prize is invariably handcuffs and an ever-reddening boss.

Guy needs to get his mental health together, as has been posted above, and then once he has a little structure in his personal life, and has adjusted to being a father, then he can bring in the right people to coach him... By which time he will be pushing 40, so there's that to take into consideration as well in terms of how long he has to earn/provide.

Athletes have it rough, especially mentally ill ones.

He don't deserve Lawler. Just cut his ass so he can go to BKFC where he belongs.

Back