Media Ali Abdelaziz: "Nate Diaz is the # 1 contender if he beats Leon Edwards"

Nate at WW isn't beating Edwards lol.
It's also a stupid fight to make. Don't know how Leon accepted that shit unless Dana guaranteed a TS with a victory.

But is leon edwards the number one contender if he beats the great Nate Diaz?

I think even Nate loses to Leon, Usman and Ali would still believe Nate is the toughest fight in the division and deserves the title shot, lol. It happened to Jorge before, so yeah. Money has always been their number 1 priority. I doubt they'll give it to Leon now that Nate is on the scene. I could be wrong though of course.

I think even Nate loses to Leon, Usman and Ali would still believe Nate is the toughest fight in the division and deserves the title shot, lol. It happened to Jorge before, so yeah. Money has always been their number 1 priority.
it’s a win win situation, however for the Usman camp that think he’s an easy W and payday and for Edwards (who is already looking past Diaz the same way Pettis was) to quote Diaz himself: “They better hope it goes down like that.”

They just trying to get easy money fights for Marty.

Hard to see Nate winning anyway.
I mean, to be fair he’s also cleared the division. The way I see it there’s no harm in Usman staying active and picking a few guys off for $$ while new contenders work their way up. Would be totally different if some of the possible contenders like Neal had worked out.

Nobody is a contender in that match. Nate is unranked in WW, so a win over him by Leon means nothing. Leon himself is the third ranked, so even if Nate beats him, which won't happen, he should take his 3rd spot. Still not a contender.

All in all a pointless match.

Nate has the biggest name recognition in that division but he is also the easiest to beat fighter out of that division.

it’s a win win situation, however for the Usman camp that think he’s an easy W and payday and for Edwards (who is already looking past Diaz the same way Pettis was) to quote Diaz himself: “They better hope it goes down like that.”

Exactly. The last time everyone counted Nate out, he shocked the world and turned himself to a superstar.

How does Ali do this?? Only thing I can think of is that he has some dirt on Dana.

Back