2nd choice Gaetje

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If Connor thinks he should fight Gaethje over Dustin he is trippin. The Justin that we seen against Cucuy is a beast. If Justin can stay patient and get his timing right then he’ll make macgregger fold real bad. Connor is forgetting thst Justin has better kicks than Dustin.

Poirier literally can't walk after Gaethje fight. Gaethje even mocked Poirier for this.

And Tony is basically CRUSHED by Gaethje. That fifth round stoppage is something otherworldly to watch.

If Connor thinks he should fight Gaethje over Dustin he is trippin. The Justin that we seen against Cucuy is a beast. If Justin can stay patient and get his timing right then he’ll make macgregger fold real bad. Connor is forgetting thst Justin has better kicks than Dustin.
Gaethe isn't southpaw so it wouldn't be the same problem. He would have to do switch kicks, and Gaethje's throws with more power from his right leg and not his left. Plus he would be open to Conor's straight left going for the switch calf kick.

Gaethe isn't southpaw so it wouldn't be the same problem. He would have to do switch kicks, and Gaethje's throws with more power from his right leg and not his left. Plus he would be open to Conor's straight left going for the switch calf kick.
Gaethje has shown the ability to break opponents down and disrupt their movement and timing with his lead leg kick against Southpaws. He is significantly more effective than DP is in this regard. Shit DP is a southpaw and Gaethje ate his lead leg up same with Michael Johnson.
AmpleKindlyKusimanse-max-1mb.gif

Tony almost finished Justin at one point in their fight. Had it not been right at the buzzer we might have had a totally different outcome of that fight. Now, obviously, Justin beat Tony impressively after that instead.
That being said, Justin is hittable and Conor can still find his chin. Especially if Justin comes in trying to knock Conors head off in the first round.
Ppl like to hate on Conor so much that they forget he is actually a really good striker. Is Conor as good as he once was? I don’t think so. Is he still a great striker? Absolutely.

Gaethje has shown the ability to break opponents down and disrupt their movement and timing with his lead leg kick against Southpaws.
AmpleKindlyKusimanse-max-1mb.gif
But he isn't hitting the calf and he would be open to Conor's left. Conor is much more precise than MJ. He would need to get in closer in order to throw the kick to be in range, it's an extra step compared to being a southpaw and throwing your left leg as the power kick. That extra step can cost him vs Conor while he's fresh. Gaethje usually does damage with his right leg vs orthodox fighters on their left leg. MJ was broken by Gaethje's pressure punches and knees, not so much his switch kick.

But he isn't hitting the calf and he would be open to Conor's left. Conor is much more precise than MJ. He would need to get in closer in order to throw the kick to be in range, it's an extra step compared to being a southpaw and throwing your left leg as the power kick. That extra step can cost him vs Conor while he's fresh.
I do agree with that (granted MJ throws a pretty clean straight left). A patient Gaethje is a very tough fight for Conor I think he would tko Conor in 3-4 he’s durable enough and has amazing recovery, I see him weathering any potential offense Conor has and walking him down while using his kicks to cut off the ring and Conors circling out. I will put some money on this fight if it happens.

I do agree with that (granted MJ throws a pretty clean straight left). A patient Gaethje is a very tough fight for Conor I think he would tko Conor in 3-4 he’s durable enough and has amazing recovery, I see him weathering any potential offense Conor has and walking him down while using his kicks to cut off the ring and Conors circling out. I will put some money on this fight if it happens.
Gaethje is tough fight, the pressure I think would get to Conor. He doesn't handle pressure fighters too well at lightweight and higher.

Justin the GOAT of second pick fights.

Def think Conor has a better chance in the Poirier rematch. I feel like Justin would take out all his rage and go ballistic against Conor.

I think Conor, or rather Conor’s leg, would like to avoid a fight with Justin at all cost

Back