News Renato Moicano vs Jai Herbert, Ramazan Emeev vs Warlley Alves added to UFC FN on 6/26

Osiris3657

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Couple decent scraps added to the Gane/Volkov card

Jai Herbert (10-2) against Renato Moicano (14-4-1)

Both guys trying to get back in the win column after KO losses. Herbert was KO'd in his UFC debut last July against Francisco Trinaldo. Moicano was KO'd by Rafael Fiziev back in December.

Ramazan Emeev (20-4) vs Warlley Alves (14-4)

Emeev is on a 2 fight win streak over Germans Stolze (UD) and Zawada (SD). Emeev is 5-1 in the UFC with all fights going to decision. Alves got a TKO over Mounir Lazzez in January. That was his first fight in 14 months.

Moicano... whenever I hear that name, I just think of Joe Rogan pumping him up as the next big thing, future champion, saying "Moicano" over and over again...

upload_2021-4-12_16-4-54.png

Trinaldo fucked Herbert up and stopped that hype train real quick.

I got Mocaino and Alves.

"STOP THE FIGHT"

- Dan Hardy commentary on Francisco Trinaldo vs Jai Herbert

Moicano... whenever I hear that name, I just think of Joe Rogan pumping him up as the next big thing, future champion, saying "Moicano" over and over again...

View attachment 847153
True but I must say I was super impressed with his performance against Fiziev until he got flatlined . Even though his strength is the ground I actually had him winning that round in the standup

Alves vs Emeev is intriguing. Warlley is really athletic but he's definitively cracks under pressure. The thing is though, that pressure tends to be him getting hit, not getting outwrestles. So it'll be interesting to see how he holds up to Emeev's wrestling-only approach. He managed to guilitine Colby of a takedown, for instance.

I first discovered Emeev in his first fight vs Vyacheslav which was like a FOTY contender. Made me really excited for him. Little did I know he would transform into one of the most boring fighters in the game.

True but I must say I was super impressed with his performance against Fiziev until he got flatlined . Even though his strength is the ground I actually had him winning that round in the standup

Moicano is like the ur-example of a guy who is really skilled technically but just doesn't have the physical attributes, athleticism and durability, for fighting.

It's nice to see Moicano get a winnable fight. It always sucks when talented young fighters go on losing streaks.

View attachment 847153
And in his 1 win in his last 4 he was an absolute douche to his opponent after finishing him. Hope he takes another L here

I’ve always liked Moicano and never really understood why he made the jump to 155 his only losses at FW were against the FW goat and two top 5 guys.

Herbert is getting absolutely belted by the matchmakers to start his UFC career for some reason. Has to debut against Trinaldo and now draws Moicano.

Not easy.

I know, he's an exciting striker I dunno why they aren't giving him 1-2 tune up fights after that debut against Trinaldo in which he looked damn good for a long time. It's a good fight, but still. I quite like the other one too, although watching Emeev is often boring, he was a bit better last time out though.

I’ve always liked Moicano and never really understood why he made the jump to 155 his only losses at FW were against the FW goat and two top 5 guys.

Maybe he thought the weight cutting was the problem, and looked at what Dustin, Olivera and Conor did at LW. But yeah it's turned out terrible for him 1-1 vs unranked guys when he was top 5 fw before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back