Vettori vs Adesanya II

Harlekin

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
A lot of people hating on Vettori, saying he hasn't earned it.

I'm ok with that.
The longer it takes, the closer Vettori is to his prime and Israel might slip out of his.
All the casual don't grasp the concept of time and prime.

They had a somewhat close fight. at 24y vs 28y
They have the same amount of MMA fights.
But Adesanya also had 80 kickboxing and 6 boxing bouts. Meaning his mileage is way higher.

If they fight next
27y Vettori vs 31y(32 cuz of birthday) Adesanya, probably will be a close fight again.
33y Vettori vs 37 - will be a ko win for Vettori with brutal GNP

So only chance for Adesanya is to fight him asap, to make it 2:0 while he has the prime advantage.
Vettori will then have to work himself up the rankings again and Adesanya might be able to retire before that.

The first fight means zero.
We dont even know if IF Vvettori is top 7 material.
The Holland fight - meh ? ( assuming the Holland derailment lands him in the top 20....lol...in a thinned out 185 division.)

We really needed to see what he looked like vs Till.

All that said - Adesanya by stoppage or a cautious Izz 50-45 s him.

Vettori isn't Jan. Israel will stop his takedowns and piece him up on the feet.

Which MW would actually beat Izzy?

Vettori has a solid chin
and izzy is exposed.
He can take it if he can take the shots and get izzy down.

V does not win standing.

I think Adesanya beats him in the late rounds. Chimaev gives Adesanya his biggest challenge at MW. Ik that he hasn't beaten any top 15 guy but Chimaev's wrestling is insane and he has KO power too.

Vettori is very durable, I wouldn’t underestimate him. Obviously Adesanya is the favorite but I can see Vettori pulling off a close decision if he makes it all 5 rounds

Vettori has nothing for Izzy

I don't think Vettori sniffs a title shot if it's not given to him right now. Based on the Holland fight, he loses to every top 5 guy.

These hollans pieced him on the feet statements are laughable. Landing 2-3 clean hits throughout a fight and a couple good kicks in r1 is all he had. The rest of his strikes were open palmed slaps to the ear on bottom or jumping into the pocket like hes LARPing as batman or some shit

One more fight and give it to him Jack Hermansen is a good win

One more fight and give it to him Jack Hermansen is a good win
I think 1-2 more is probably best for hos career

I imagine the top 5 will look something like this tomorrow
1. Whittaker
2. Costa
3. Vettori/Cannonier
4. Vettori/Cannonier
5. Brunson

Let him fight Costa or Cannonier and see where the division is at then.

I think waiting for till only for him pull out again is the wrong move career wise

I think 1-2 more is probably best for hos career

I imagine the top 5 will look something like this tomorrow
1. Whittaker
2. Costa
3. Vettori/Cannonier
4. Vettori/Cannonier
5. Brunson

Let him fight Costa or Cannonier and see where the division is at then.

I think waiting for till only for him pull out again is the wrong move career wise
Cannonier vs Vettori makes sense too because Brunson wants to fight Costa and Whittaker is fighting Kelvin maybe Hermansna vs Till also

Glassjaw Rob ducked the rematch already, time to move the division forward

Back