Media Mcgregor is not in the fight game because of money anymore

He looks skinny. Must be atleast 6 years old this vid

Sometimes, they're addicted to attention, they want the world to speak about them, just like Floyd Mayweather.

I won't blame them for that, they just want attention after all... it's not like they did anything bad.

The notion that pro fighters would just quit because they had a few big paydays is kind of strange.

Consider other sports.
Do the top paid players in other sports just quit early because they already have more than enough money to be set for life? No - they usually continue playing. Quite often they play longer than the average player.

Hopefully Dustin sues him for slander taking the rest of his money

The notion that pro fighters would just quit because they had a few big paydays is kind of strange.

You don't see the top paid pro team sports players quitting early just cause they finished a hugely profitable contract. They usually keep play just as long as other players -if not longer.

Yeah but most of them don't get punched in the head... here's the difference...

Yeah but most of them don't get punched in the head... here's the difference...
True!
But in some sports like hockey and american football you still have players who take some hard shots.
(But yeah, brain damage isn't exactly the hottest topic in hockey. Seems quite specific to martial arts and american football)

But - even though it is not comparable to fighting it's worth mentioning that many top athletes will get super painful injuries even in sports like tennis or running and will willingly suffer through large amounts of painful rehab just to be able to make a comeback - despite having more than enough money to be set for life. Not the same as risking a KO. But still, willing to endure suffering just to play the sport despite not really "needing" more $$$.

Conor is a cokehead who will manage to blow through his fortune and somehow end up broke.
Sounds like wishful thinking. He could buy a lifetime supply of coke and still have money leftover. He would overdose before he went broke. Is Charlie Sheen broke?

Sounds like wishful thinking. He could buy a lifetime supply of coke and still have money leftover. He would overdose before he went broke. Is Charlie Sheen broke?
I don't think this is the case (As Cannor doesn't manage his own money) but there is an awful lot of money lost to "Coke decisions"

To add to my previous statement:
I do think Conor seems pretty well aware of the risk of brain damage that fighting brings. More than your average fighter.
Based on Conor's and Kavanaugh's interviews and statements over the years saying over and over that they think a prize fighter is not a career you health wise should be in for a long time - they always aimed at getting in and out fast, and retiring early.

I do think that MOST fighters haven't fully let the risk of brain damage sink in.
Kinda like smokers - everyone is aware of the risk - but haven't taken it to heart 100%.

But Conor has mentioned it so many times, and said that he always aimed at retiring early, that I do think he has considered it more than the average slugger.

So the fact that he keeps going despite getting KO'd is ...something.

Last edited:
To add to my previous statement:
I do think Conor seems pretty well aware of the risk of brain damage that fighting brings. More than your average fighter.
Based on him and Kavanaugh's over the years saying many times that they think a prize fighter is not a career you health wise should be in for a long time - they always aimed at getting in and out fast, and retiring early.

I do think that MOST fighters haven't fully let the risk of brain damage sink in.
Kinda like smokers - everyone is aware of the risk - but haven't taken it to heart 100%.

But Conor has mentioned it so many times, and said that he always aimed at retiring early, that I do think he has considered it more than the average slugger.

So the fact that he keeps going despite getting KO'd is ...something.

He's definitely aware of it, he was in the building when his teammate ended up beating his opponent to death.

Back