Vettori the New

Doug Money

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...Teh Chris. I think he catches Izzy clownin the same way Still My Boy caught The Spider.
Im a fan of the "flashy, confident striker style", but when a hard workin, blue collar type of guy brings it and suprises everybody, u gotta appreciate the narrative.
Izzy Lasagnas reign is comin to an end boys!!

PS Heres hopin Vettoris chin dosent end up like Weidmans though. Yikes.

...Teh Chris. I think he catches Izzy clownin the same way Still My Boy caught The Spider.
Im a fan of the "flashy, confident striker style", but when a hard workin, blue collar type of guy brings it and suprises everybody, u gotta appreciate the narrative.

Who did Martin 'surprise' by grinding out a lay-on victory a flash in the pan prospect on short notice?

Won't feel the same coz Izzy already just lost, and has a win over Vettori already. And out wrestling a guy like Holland who has weak TDD doesn't make him a great wrestler all of a sudden like Chris is.

Vettori isn't ready yet. He's 27 and can still improve his striking, submissions etc. Hope he takes some time to work on his overall game before they feed him to Bobby or Izzy.

Won't feel the same coz Izzy already just lost, and has a win over Vettori already. And out wrestling a guy like Holland who has weak TDD doesn't make him a great wrestler all of a sudden like Chris is.
Damn for a not so great wrestler he sure kept Jacl, Sanchez and Cezar on their feet, beat the shit out of roberson on the ground and just broke the mw td record with over 20 minutes of control time

Vettori isn't ready yet. He's 27 and can still improve his striking, submissions etc. Hope he takes some time to work on his overall game before they feed him to Bobby or Izzy.
I like the Reaper but imo his days as a top guy are numbered. He got Romero'd out of his prime.

Maybe he dosent have the accolades the chris had, being from Italy and they not having a wrrasslin program like the States. But in the cage, where it counts, the guys grappling has looked very good.

he lost so much from that fight stand n bang is the key to making yourself a big name

Damn for a not so great wrestler he sure kept Jacl, Sanchez and Cezar on their feet, beat the shit out of roberson on the ground and just broke the mw td record with over 20 minutes of control time
The Izzy fanboys where in panic mode yesterday. They where hoping for Holland to take Vettorri out of the convo. Sorry guys!

Even if Marvin loses...HE'S STILL MY BOY!!

Reactions: HHJ

While you might be technically right, some context is needed. Half of the guys in the top 10 can take Holland down at will and get 20 minutes of control time in a 5 round fight after seeing what Brunson did.

Im not saying Vettori isn't a good wrestler, but he is not on Weidmans level for sure.

In terms of looking like a difficult match up for the champion who is a kickboxing style striker I see the similarly but Isreal doesn't have that style of using taunting to set up striking like Anderson did who played mind games more. Weidman also looked like a worse match up for Anderson than Vettori looks for Isreal.

What, Lol? He only lost to Izzy since 2014?
And hasnt looked like the dominating guy he once was, for however brief of title reign he had. I admit beating Canon was impressive, but that dude is the posterboy for inconsistent. Vs Till was a dud.
Lets see how he does vs Costa. If he beats him convincingly, he will make me a believer again

Back