Is Usman vs. Masvidal the worst title rematch ever?

SmoothPies

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Usman wins a clear cut and more importantly, extremely boring decision against Mas. Usman then impressively puts away Burns, and Mas gets a rematch without winning any fights since they last fought.

Kind of reminds me of when Nick Diaz got a title shot vs. GSP after the Condit loss but this feels way worse as we've already seen Usman vs. Mas and it was clear cut and bad.

Last edited:
He's BMF though. People want to see him fight just like they used to Diaz.

No, it's actually interesting. Masvidal did pretty well on 8 days notice. Let's see what he can do with a full camp.

And besides, who else do you want Usman to fight? Rematch Covington?

Usman trying to get easy title defense hes afraid of real champ colby
Colby sucks. He ducked burns, Thompson and Leon. He’s never getting a title shot again and he’ll have to live with the humiliation of getting his jaw shattered and then KO’D for the rest of his life with no chance at redemption.

Usman cannot sell PPVs. Jorge can sell PPVs.

Jorge could fight anyone in the top 10 and people will buy it, Usman has a long way to go with becoming a draw. Usman has too many boring fights and is extra cringe, don't get mad at the system. Holloway quote.

No, it's actually interesting. Masvidal did pretty well on 8 days notice. Let's see what he can do with a full camp.

And besides, who else do you want Usman to fight? Rematch Covington?
Yes I'd rather watch a rematch of Colby Usman than Masvidal Usman based on the the first respective showings, who wouldn't? Short of Masvidal pulling a fluke out Usman's going to win another dull decision.

Usman wins a clear cut and more importantly, extremely boring decision against Mas. Usman then impressively puts away Burns, and Mas gets a rematch without winning any fights since they last fought.

Kind of reminds me of when Nick Diaz got a title shot vs. GSP after the Condit loss but this feels way worse has we've already seen Usman vs. Mas and it was clear cut and bad.
tenor.gif

Back