Media Mythical creature “Karate Stance McGregor 3.0” spotted kicking the bag

He'll definitely benefit from being a bit lighter on his feet so he can move out of the way of those kicks, instead of just eating them with his full weight on his lead leg.

If he can get kicked, he can kick..if I'm Connor, all I'm doing is calf kicks. The best defence is offence

So Mcgregor is gonna go full WTF Taekwondo style on Poirier and go full opposite to what he did in the previous fight with the boxing stance? Interesting... that will certainly not fail...

Just because he is practicing it doesn't mean that he will have that stance the entire time he's standing up during the fight. It could be though. But he could also be switching stances, which would be a smart move if he does it right, IMO.

Just because he is practicing it doesn't mean that he will have that stance the entire time he's standing up during the fight. It could be though. But he could also be switching stances, which would be a smart move if he does it right, IMO.
Yeah I know man was just exaggerating a little. Don't be mad, just a little gag.

Yeah I know man was just exaggerating a little. Don't be mad, just a little gag.

I'm not mad. It's all good, bud It was an interesting point you made. He might be more karate oriented this time around. I think the dude should be like water, as Bruce would say. Just flow from stance to stance to whichever is the best for the situation he is in. He used to be more fluid, but I think doing boxing has made him too rigid and focused on just his hands which really limits your perspective on how to move optimally, IMO. Because optimal combat uses all weapons and has to worry about all manner of weapons, techniques and tactics that can be used against you. If you're boxing you don't have to worry about take downs, so in every aspect of fighting is in total disregard of the take down when your focus lies on boxing, or perhaps in the most recent case, the low calf kick was an oversight of his overall MMA game. But That's not really a revelation, or anything. Enough people have pointed out that he's too focused on his hands.

Last edited:
All hate aside, I honestly think Dustin is going to break him again

Dustin is a big dude and he is hardened to war much, much more than mcgregor

As nasty as conors tongue is, I believe deep down Dustin is the one with a real vicious streak and he enjoys a fire fight

Conor needs to end it early and I'm not sure he can

He certainly has the skills, but does he have the bottle?

Dustin will end him inside 3 by tko or sub

Conor winning would fuck up the division so bad.
I honestly just have trouble seeing Conor doing well at 155 and can barely visualize him beating Dustin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back