Media Kevin Holland in good spirits after his loss to Marvin Vettori at UFC Vegas 23

That was today bro.

Unless you’re in a diff country.

Time zones are weird.

THAT WAS TODAY, DAMMIT.

Reactions: Gio
And it's MMA. You will get humped if you can't get defend a takedown. Props to getting up a few times.
sUGVr0K.gif

not everyone is BJ Peen, the new generation of fighters must take defensive wrestling seriously.

it doesn't matter if you are a good striker, if your TDD is bad any Wrestler average beats you.

Dude was never anything special. His mouth is the real reason he was thought highly of. He's game AF but unless he goes away for a while and comes back w Aldo level TDD, he's never gonna live up to the hype. This train is officially off the rails for now.

Did I get slept'd and sleep a day? Cuz that was today damnit

Damn, the MMA is such an unforgiving sport.

In terms of winning streaks and overall activity you could argue that he was Dana's favorite fighter in 2020.

We're four months in 2021 and now you could argue - judging on Dana's reaction while watching fight Brunson - that's he's that close to being cut.

I thought he was much better in his fight today than he was against Brunson. Dude is a beast with his striking tho. Made for an exciting fight even tho he got mauled. Because the short time it was on the feet it felt like it could be lights out for vettori. I liked not hearing him blabber as well. I might be alone but I hope he gets more fights.

This guy and mike perry are cut from the same cloth. Neither really seemed concerned with being competitive. They just want to be on tv, troll on IG, and get paid to do it. I don't blame them but hard to have sympathy for holland getting "humped" when grappling fundamentals are that bad. There's a pretty easy blueprint on Holland now that unless he takes some serious time away, he won't be able to fix, and any fighter with decent core strength will be able to exploit

Give me Holland with that performance! If he can get average TDD he’ll be close to the top of the class!

Back