Lol at hate on Vettori

Bacco

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
<{vega}>
Dude got his opponent replaced (last of a long list)
Was open to fight anybody as soon as possible, Holland showed up, and Vettori accepted the risk (as Holland would have been a big step back in case of L)
Took big kick to the balls just at begin
Traded some strikes with more technical, faster, longer reach striker... then did the logical thing and one-side dominated the dude whole fight with wrestling and strenght
Was'nt beautiful, but you have to get the job done first, and eventually do it with style if you can

Vettori itself he's been honest and said to not be happy with his performance and of not being able of finish the guy, while at it
But still the fight was a tricky one under many points of view (many here picked Holland), and he got W in ridicolous one-side match

So, again
<{vega}>

In b4 "Hi Marvin" because location is Italy lol

<{vega}>
Dude got his opponent replaced (last of a long list)
Was open to fight anybody as soon as possible, Holland showed up, and Vettori accepted the risk (as Holland would have been a big step back in case of L)
Took big kick to the balls just at begin
Traded some strikes with more technical, faster, longer reach striker... then did the logical thing and one-side dominated the dude whole fight with wrestling and strenght
Was'nt beautiful, but you have to get the job done first, and eventually do it with style if you can

Vettori itself he's been honest and said to not be happy with his performance and of not being able of finish the guy, while at it
But still the fight was a tricky one under many points of view (many here picked Holland), and he got W in ridicolous one-side match

So, again
<{vega}>

In b4 "Hi Marvin" because location is Italy lol

CIAO Marvin

Lol .

Just kidding... It was a solid performance , i dont get the hate either, Holland is an awkward guy and facing him on short notice is not easy at all...

That said i felt Marvin (U) could of finished him in a few spots of the fight but played it safer then normal it could be cuz he realized the risk of losing to a guy like Holland

Shertards with the same Bullshit but just a different toilet, give it till next week and people will have moved on.

By all accounts I like Marvin and thought he fought the fight he needed to to win, he was still getting tagged by Holland whose striking is pretty wild, but it wasn't a bad showing either.

I know people talk about Leon, but Marvin's had his FAIR share of bad luck as well that has gone unnoticed.

I hated pre fight but can’t hate post. He looked good. Kevin too small for middleweight

Agreed. He did what he had to do against a highly dangerous striker with a reach advantage. Also Holland's bjj is very good. Not an easy guy to finish. Solid win

I wasn't even aware anyone was hating on Vettori.
Tbh nothing crazy, just your usual shitfest after a fight that has been 90% wrestlefuck
But what crack me up has been see the dynamic {<jordan}

Pre-fight half of people were saying Holland would have took it, recognizing his advantage on striking department (wich imply Vettori's best path was to NOT make it a striking match)
Then
V
Vettori by total wrestlefuck domination > waa Vettori is mediocre would lose to everybody else, LUCKY got Holland! No talent.
<DisgustingHHH>

Holland best strike has been the balls kick, did decent for the small portion he managed to not be thrown on the ground > muh boy Holland have so much potential, he just need to work on TDD bro, but one day he will do it let's have some faith
<{RoseRun}>

I dislike Vettori for other reasons and it’s not even like a valid, bad reason either haha. Just me as a petty human.
This was pretty much the performance I was expecting from him but he did get tagged more than I thought he would in the moments he chose to strike.

By all accounts I like Marvin and thought he fought the fight he needed to to win, he was still getting tagged by Holland whose striking is pretty wild, but it wasn't a bad showing either.
Tbh i did'nt liked either
But i think not only Holland have better reach/technique/speed, is also the thing that imho Vettori's striking being usually straightforward both in strikes and movements suffer in particular reach disadvantage
Specially if we think the replacement has been on short notice, and the fighter he prepared for was much shorter and with much less reach

My guess is at begin he was willing to trade, then he realized was bad tactic that would have mostly advantaged his opponent and switched to another approach
But for how i see it being able to fix and change tactic mid fight rather than stick to original plan is a good trait for who want get W instead L :D

In my view I see it more as utter disappointment than hate

He looks like a badass, sounds like a badass, people talk about him similarly but then he puts a complete journeyman performance like tonight ......

I will forget about this cat

Sherdog before the fight: "Holland is going to KO Vettori, he sucks!"

Sherdog after the fight: "Vettori is trash, he loses to everyone else in the top 10. He barely won a boring decision over Holland who should be cut."

Back