Arnold Allen is a great prospect and deserves some hype.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's 17-1, on an 8 fight winning streak in the ufc, only 27 years old, and he just put on an impressive performance against Yusuff who's another great young prospect.

He's probably the most underrated prospect in the ufc currently.

He's obviously good, but I really don't see anything in him that says he's championship material. He's beaten VERY limited opposition. Gilbert Melendez was obviously at the very end of his career when they fought. And even in fighting this limited opposition... he's not looking like a world beater out there. He only has two finishes in 8 wins, and those were 3rd round submissions. I like Super Sodiq but he's just a fellow prospect, not an established guy.

There's not a guy in the top 6 I would pick Arnold to beat. Kattar, Korean Zombie, Yair, Zabit, Ortega, Holloway, and Volk all beat the breaks off this kid IMO, and I'm honestly doubtful he can beat guys like Emmett, Ige and Stephens.

I'm just not impressed with this dude and don't see that high of a ceiling for him. Solid, athletic fighter, but I don't see him cracking the top 5 or challenging for a title.

Sticking with my original evaluation. He's good but not that good. Good movement, good defense. I was a bit surprised by his power in this fight and the headkick came out of nowhere, very nice, but still don't see him breaking into the top 5.

He's 17-1, on an 8 fight winning streak in the ufc, only 27 years old, and he just put on an impressive performance against Yusuff who's another great young prospect.

He's probably the most underrated prospect in the ufc currently.
He had alot of hype before not sure what happened. Maybe because he only decisioned post ped suspension gilbert and lentz.

Not sure if he's injury prone or what but 8 fights in 6 years is ridiculously low for a young fighter.

Allen was scheduled to face Jeremy Stephens on November 7, 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Santos vs. Teixeira.[32] However, Stephens was forced to withdraw from the event, citing injury. In turn, the bout was cancelled.[33]

He lost 5 months just there. Not sure why they couldn't find a replacement or why it took so long to schedule another fight for him.

Allen was scheduled to face Enrique Barzola at UFC 220 on 20 January 2018.[15] However, Allen was pulled from the fight on January 11 due to alleged visa issues which restricted his ability to travel.[16] Following this announcement, It was determined that Allen would be replaced by Matt Bessette at UFC 220.[17]

Visa issues.

Allen was expected to face Gilbert Melendez on 30 November 2018 at The Ultimate Fighter 28 Finale.[21] However, Melendez pulled out of the fight on 5 November and was replaced by Rick Glenn.[22] In turn, Allen pulled out of the fight on 16 November citing a cut he received while training.[23]

Only injury related thing for him. But having a bad cut doesn't indicate injury proness.

Crazy that he is on an 8 fight win streak and never fought a top 10 yet.

Allen was scheduled to face Jeremy Stephens on November 7, 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Santos vs. Teixeira.[32] However, Stephens was forced to withdraw from the event, citing injury. In turn, the bout was cancelled.[33]

He lost 5 months just there. Not sure why they couldn't find a replacement or why it took so long to schedule another fight for him.

Allen was scheduled to face Enrique Barzola at UFC 220 on 20 January 2018.[15] However, Allen was pulled from the fight on January 11 due to alleged visa issues which restricted his ability to travel.[16] Following this announcement, It was determined that Allen would be replaced by Matt Bessette at UFC 220.[17]

Visa issues.

Allen was expected to face Gilbert Melendez on 30 November 2018 at The Ultimate Fighter 28 Finale.[21] However, Melendez pulled out of the fight on 5 November and was replaced by Rick Glenn.[22] In turn, Allen pulled out of the fight on 16 November citing a cut he received while training.[23]

Only injury related thing for him. But having a bad cut doesn't indicate injury proness.
Yeah I read up on it a bit after Londonjitsu mentioned legal problems. Seems he was limited to European cards for a while and there just weren't very many of them. Then he started getting a bit more active in 2019 and covid hit in 2020 so back to not being able to travel.

Looked pretty bad in the 3rd. Like he was hanging on to get the W.
Looked good otherwise 1/2

Cardio looked a bit sus, but then again they grappled a lot.

I was very impressed with him at times though.
He seemed tired but I think he just rode the 3rd out knowing he won the first 2. He grappled with the clinch to finish rounds after rocking him to seal them up. It would be tiring against someone like Yusif who is big as f.

Good prospect, top 10 talent, but that will probably be his ceiling. He doesn't seem to have 5 round cardio (I think he can squeeze squeeze a bit more out if he made his outfighting more efficient) and he has terrible finishing instincts. Which means his path to victory will get increasingly narrow the higher he rises. Which is fine, no shame in being elite but not champ material

He is very solid and good everywhere, but I'm afraid he is not a good finisher, even against low level prelim cut guys he couldn't finish them. Not hating.. I think he is very talented but I need to see him being a better finisher.

Back