Khamzat and Soriano

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I had to laugh after reading another 'Colby x Khamzat thread. It seems a lot of his fans think this is the fight to make. Now, 99% of objective fans probably think:

<{outtahere}>

So did I. Apparently, he should get this fight cause he is very popular. That somehow should grant him to skip the que. Or maybe his fans think his 3 UFC wins are so good, he doesn't need to prove himself anymore.

<Huh2>

Now I was thinking about another great talent named Puna Soriano. Just how weird it would be if the UFC would anounce Soriano x Whittaker? Nobody would understand, right? For people who don't know him, Soriano is 8-0. He has 3 fights in the UFC and his last 2 are 1st round stoppage wins. His last fight was against a the then 10-0 Todorovic, a very good win.
He only has 1 decision win and 7 out of his 8 fights are 1st round stoppages. He is an incredible fighter that may one day fight for a title. But off course he has to prove himself more first.

So to all the Khamzat fans I want to say it is ridiculous you think it's good matchmaking to feed Khamzat to Colby. That somehow, Khamzat deserves that match up. Please stop spamming these propaganda threads about your boy, and be more objective.

<NoneOfMy>

TL/DR.

<Prem974>

I had to laugh after reading another 'Colby x Khamzat thread. It seems a lot of his fans think this is the fight to make. Now, 99% of objective fans probably think:

<{outtahere}>

So did I. Apparently, he should get this fight cause he is very popular. That somehow should grant him to skip the que. Or maybe his fans think his 3 UFC wins are so good, he doesn't need to prove himself anymore.

<Huh2>

Now I was thinking about another great talent named Puna Soriano. Just how weird it would be if the UFC would anounce Soriano x Whittaker? Nobody would understand, right? For people who don't know him, Soriano is 8-0. He has 3 fights in the UFC and his last 2 are 1st round stoppage wins. His last fight was against a the then 10-0 Todorovic, a very good win.
He only has 1 decision win and 7 out of his 8 fights are 1st round stoppages. He is an incredible fighter that may one day fight for a title. But off course he has to prove himself more first.

So to all the Khamzat fans I want to say it is ridiculous you think it's good matchmaking to feed Khamzat to Colby. That somehow, Khamzat deserves that match up. Please stop spamming these propaganda threads about your boy, and be more objective.

<NoneOfMy>

TL/DR.

<Prem974>
Look I'm all about meritocracy. Rankings, fair pay etc. My main point, which you neglected to mention was that dana set a precedent. Dana through rankings out the window with that fight. Ideally khamzat should have fought mike perry and then a ranked guy like a li jing liang or someone, BUT we're living in a reality where dana yanks fighters out of the rankings to force them into lose lose fights for being locked down in their home countries and not taking fights against unranked fighters. If this is the new standard, colby is worse off than leon because he's got no excuse for turning down wonderboy, leon repeatdely etc. That's my point, but sure, keep missing the point intentionally.

I agree that Khamzat shouldn't fight Colby. He should fight for the belt (first of them)!
I'm tired of seeing pointless matches. Khamzat had a couple of those in the ufc already. This fight is for you - nonbelivers. We already know who's the GOAT of MMA.

nobody has ever heard of Soriano ffs

the difference is that Khamzat was one of the biggest stories last year regardless of what you think about him

Other than Khamzat being more talented, younger, 2.2 million followers vs 23k from Soriano, you may have a point.
Followers: really? So the more followers, the better you are? Jake Paul should murder some HW boxers then...
More talented? Eleborate please?
Younger? So born in 1992 instead of 1994 means you somehow are able to skip the que?

Look I'm all about meritocracy. Rankings, fair pay etc. My main point, which you neglected to mention was that dana set a precedent. Dana through rankings out the window with that fight. Ideally khamzat should have fought mike perry and then a ranked guy like a li jing liang or someone, BUT we're living in a reality where dana yanks fighters out of the rankings to force them into lose lose fights for being locked down in their home countries and not taking fights against unranked fighters. If this is the new standard, colby is worse off than leon because he's got no excuse for turning down wonderboy, leon repeatdely etc. That's my point, but sure, keep missing the point intentionally.
I honestly don't understand what u mean with me missing the point? I am comparing two fighters

nobody has ever heard of Soriano ffs

the difference is that Khamzat was one of the biggest stories last year regardless of what you think about him
Why haven't u heard of Soriano? As a fan, you should be stoked to see this undefeated prospect? And the story last year was great, but why exactly does he deserve the Colby fight with that?

I agree that Khamzat shouldn't fight Colby. He should fight for the belt (first of them)!
I'm tired of seeing pointless matches. Khamzat had a couple of those in the ufc already. This fight is for you - nonbelivers. We already know who's the GOAT of MMA.
Colby the goat? He lost to Usman, lol

Soriano is the hardest hitter in that division imo

Why haven't u heard of Soriano? As a fan, you should be stoked to see this undefeated prospect? And the story last year was great, but why exactly does he deserve the Colby fight with that?

I have heard of him and seen him, I was speaking generelly

and even though I have seen him, reading his name in the title, I had to think for quite a bit to remember who it was

Now I was thinking about another great talent named Puna Soriano. Just how weird it would be if the UFC would anounce Soriano x Whittaker? Nobody would understand, right? For people who don't know him, Soriano is 8-0. He has 3 fights in the UFC and his last 2 are 1st round stoppage wins. His last fight was against a the then 10-0
There is big difference betweent winning and dominating -

Khamzat stats- Strikes: 87-1, 3x KO/SUB,
vs
Soriano stats - Strikes: 103-66,2X KO/TKO,1X DEC- DWCS

One of Sorianos fights was DWCS
Khamzat 2x fought on one week short notice

BIIIIIG DIFFERENCE...

There is big difference betweent winning and dominating -

Khamzat stats- Strikes: 87-1, 3x KO/SUB,
vs
Soriano stats - Strikes: 103-66,2X KO/TKO,1X DEC- DWCS

One of Sorianos fights was DWCS
Khamzat 2x fought on one week short notice

BIIIIIG DIFFERENCE...
So beating 7 out of 8 guys in the first round is not considered dominating? They both dominated their fights, just watch it

So beating 7 out of 8 guys in the first round is not considered dominating? They both dominated their fights, just watch it
1 strike landed on Khamzat....66 strikes on Soriano.

Khamzat is not "hype job" he will take over WW for 100%. MW? To be honest, i dont know... by what i heard Khamzat have biiig problems with pressure strikers which got KO power (In sparrings)..So he could be in real trouble vs some MWs.

<{outtahere}>

Sorry, did not realize u where trolling
Jokes aside, I would rather see Usman fighting Khamzat than anyone in top 10. Does he deserve it, no. Will he eventually fight for the belt if he is not fooked by the covid, hell yeah. He has Caucasian wrestling with a solid striking and I've seen his fights to predict a great future if he stays healthy.

Reactions: JAL
One of them has a fuck ton of Internet fans and one doesn't? ... We all saw CM Punk get on the PPV right?
I don't mind Khamzat gets put on big fight cards? I mind a lot of fans thinking its normal to skip the que just cause you are popular. A guy like Wonderboy is so much more deserving of a Colby fight, or a title fight. He may have 3 more fights left in him, and he should get passed for Khamzat? Really? Sorry, I really don't agree with that reasoning

1 strike landed on Khamzat....66 strikes on Soriano.

Khamzat is not "hype job" he will take over WW for 100%. MW? To be honest, i dont know... by what i heard Khamzat have biiig problems with pressure strikers which got KO power (In sparrings)..So he could be in real trouble vs some MWs.
I don't say he is a hype job at all? I think he is a great prospect and possibly a champion one day. That's totally beside the point I am making.

Back