Media Jorge Masvidal: Usman couldn't do anything to me. Usman is a coward.

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

"With 6 days notice and twenty pounds of cut, I did some damage to him and he literally couldn't do anything to me because I'm so much man than him. So, I'm thinking 30 days times 5. Yeah, I'm going to murder this guy" (0:59 timestamp)

"One thing that I'll take away from our first fight, he's not as mean as he proclaims to be or think he is. I know he likes to jiggle his tits on air, like he's terry crews and intimidate people, but he's not mean. I was in there with him. He's not a mean guy." (1:35 timestamp)

"It's not even about the skill. It's about the will of the person, the dog in the person. There's a lot of other fighters that I probably wouldn't fight them on six days notice because I'm like 'man, those guys are mean. If I'm not in shape and I'm little bit tired, they're going to try to break my nose. They're going to try to hurt me, hurt me.' Usman's not that guy, he's never been. He's a fucking coward."

kamaru1.gif

50-45.

Last edited:
Ive been a big Gamebred fan from a long time ago but since the Askren knee he has kinda sold out and gone all comercial. I don't blame him because he is getting the biggest pay cheques of his life but as much as I hate his new persona I still hopes he gets the belt.

I guess i can kinda see where he is coming from a little bit....50-45

Watched that a couple nights ago. Maybe I hit the perfect ratio of beer and weed to make me the right kind of retarded but I enjoyed most of the interview , was actually starting to convince me that he'll "baptise" Usman or whatever the fuck .

Ive been a big Gamebred fan from a long time ago but since the Askren knee he has kinda sold out and gone all comercial. I don't blame him because he is getting the biggest pay cheques of his life but as much as I hate his new persona I still hopes he gets the belt.
I liked him during the Diaz build up, throughout 2019 he was awesome.
2020 is when he started showing his cracks by showing up to Conor's fight in a robe, the built in excuse for the Usman fight, declining Colby and wasting 2 months on politics(I don't care if he's a Trump supporter, pushing politics on to people just felt out out of character for him).

I still liked him and hoped for a Colby fight, until he started hanging with Jake Paul.
Jake Paul is fine with doing his own thing, I commend him for that. Jorge siding with him wouldn't that big of an issue if that Paul kid didn't try stealing Dustin's money fight with Conor.
Like come on bro, he literally shit all over your teammate for months leading up to the Conor fight and your helping him?
Didn't they kick out Colby for trash talking teammates?

Full camp Mas will get dominated again 50-45

Can't blame any fighter for smacktalking his way up to the paychecks, the bald buttfucked cueball cuts fighters for not being "entertaining" enough for his liking.

...He was going to cut Colby at one point for being a "boring" fighter if i'm not mistaken.

I'm hoping for footstomps 25 minutes just to see Uncle Fester cry

Yeah same here. You can’t blame him, all that money everyone stood by and watched Conor make, I’m sure brought out some envy and jealousy in a lot of other fighters. Now that Jorge got a little taste of it, he wants to make the most of it. He has paid his dues in the sport, and deserves it imo. Jorge is a hard guy to finish, I don’t think Usman has it in him. I get a feeling Usman is thinking he’s a striker now after a finish of Burns, if he strikes with Masvidal, I can see Jorge giving him a nasty left hook KO, by baiting Usman in. There are Levels to striking, just like if Usman decides to play safe and wrestle, there are levels to wrestling. But I think he heard everyone making fun of the foot stomps and he’s got something to prove.

I don't really agree 100%. The fact that he's still calling out Usman, which is a losing proposition for him, makes me think he's still a competitor first and going after the money second. He'd make easy money with a Diaz rematch, but he really wants that belt more than anything else it seems.

Coward isn’t a word that ought to be applied to anyone who’s willing to step into the cage, and certainly not to someone of Usman’s accomplishments. I’m not sure if Masvidal really believes it, is just hyping the fight or thinks he’s using psychology against Usman, but his talking is going too far for my tastes, especially since he wasn’t able to do anything against him the first time. I actually like Masvidal, but I think he’d better off giving his mouth a rest.

I don't really agree 100%. The fact that he's still calling out Usman, which is a losing proposition for him, makes me think he's still a competitor first and going after the money second. He'd make easy money with a Diaz rematch, but he really wants that belt more than anything else it seems.
He called out Usman because it sold more the first time and they think they can do numbers again. Also, nate is a bit difficult to deal with, so they probably wanted to get something done quick, the ufc that is.

Nah, Masvidal has said he only has a few more years left before retiring and wants to cash in as much as he can. He's more interested in money than titles at this stage in the game.

The reason he took the 1st Usman fight is because the UFC paid him handsomely to step in and save the PPV at the last minute. He's going to get paid well again and probably earn PPV points for the rematch. The first PPV earned 1.2million buys, which is McGregor level numbers.

He's already a PPV star. For him winning the belt would be icing on top of the cake. With a title, he can headline cards and earn PPV points on top of everything. But even without it, he can make money fighting Nate, Colby, and others.

Yeah same here. You can’t blame him, all that money everyone stood by and watched Conor make, I’m sure brought out some envy and jealousy in a lot of other fighters. Now that Jorge got a little taste of it, he wants to make the most of it. He has paid his dues in the sport, and deserves it imo. Jorge is a hard guy to finish, I don’t think Usman has it in him. I get a feeling Usman is thinking he’s a striker now after a finish of Burns, if he strikes with Masvidal, I can see Jorge giving him a nasty left hook KO, by baiting Usman in. There are Levels to striking, just like if Usman decides to play safe and wrestle, there are levels to wrestling. But I think he heard everyone making fun of the foot stomps and he’s got something to prove.
I thought about this and it might be far fetched, but Usman performs at his best and fights more intelligently when people root against him.
Examples:
- Woodley fight was a damn near perfect performance, everyone was back on the T-Wood after he beat Till and rooting for him.
- Jorge fight, everyone wanted Jorge to win at UFC 251 and have a real underdog story. He played it safe due to not game planning for Masvidal and didn't want to take unnecessary risks.
- Burns, people thought he was the perfect style to counter Usman's. Usman had a damn near perfect gamplan.

An example of people rooting for Usman to win:
- Colby, everyone only rooted for Usman due to Colby's trash talking storm. Every fan was supporting Usman. Usman decided to not use his clinch or wrestling throughout the fight to prove he could knock out Colby. This got him stunned and it was a grueling 5 round fight. I honestly think Usman could've overpowered Colby in the clinch and on the ground easily. I support this theory by comparing their performances against RDA.

Now people are heavily rooting for him to beat Jorge and many think he can KO Jorge. Mainly due to Jorge's behavior since the last fight. Usman said he wants a finish, which is very difficult against a smart veteran like Masvidal.
I believe there's strong possibility Usman drinks his own Kool-Aid and stays standing with Jorge for a longer period to prove a point. This could be his downfall and while his jab is great, Jorge was able to counter it in the 1st fight.

Back