I get why y'all are mad, but...

djason1988

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Them's the rules. Yan loses via DQ, aljo is the winner. There are no special considerations regarding titles in the rules. And while there's definitely arguments to be made for changing that after this fight, NO legitimate sport can change/make up rules on the spot. Social media bs aside, the actual result of the fight isn't aljo's fault in any way. Get mad at Yan for causing this clusterfuck.

Nobody is upset about the rules. Yan landed an illegal strike and most accept that as reality. Sterling hammed that shit up; and didn't do a particularly good job faking it either. That seems to be where the animosity lies with the fans.

aljo only pussy to take a win this way. pitiful, i really hope this doesnt turn into a trend in ufc and it ends up like soccer or basketball.

Geez at this rate, the UFC will be home to so many divas and wusses that it will eventually all just be a work/fake because no one wants to get hurt for realzies.

aljo only pussy to take a win this way. pitiful, i really hope this doesnt turn into a trend in ufc and it ends up like soccer or basketball.
I'm cool with being a pussy if it meant I got a win bonus and then a ppv rematch as the champ. Being too prideful is dumb. You can't get mad at a guy who's just trying to do the best for himself. $$$

The way he milked it is the problem

The way he waited until the ref said out loud to him that he would win by DQ if he can't continue , then proceeded to flop to the ground .....that's the embarrassing part .

Then posing on twitter celebrating right after

Embarrassing

He deserves all the shaming he gets

Rules are meant to be broken.

I'm cool with being a pussy if it meant I got a win bonus and then a ppv rematch as the champ. Being too prideful is dumb. You can't get mad at a guy who's just trying to do the best for himself. $$$

Clown to say he doesn't want the belt like this and staring into space crying ....then posing with shots in your hand and belt on your wait on twitter an hour later ....that's embarrassing

Im not mad. He's gotta defend that title. But it was a stupid fucking knee.

eh i dunno about that bro. hope dana low balls him and doesnt promote him which would make his $$ earned useless in the long run.

Clown to say he doesn't want the belt like this and staring into space crying ....then posing with shots in your hand and belt on your wait on twitter an hour later ....that's embarrassing
He's rustling a lot of jimmies and that's going to hype the fight even more.
{<jimmies}

Second time in the fight yan threw that knee, first time it BARELY missed and was a "knee to the body". Second time was blatant and flagrant foul.

Dude deserves the DQ, if he didn't wanna lose his title by technicality it shouldn't have chosen to be a dirty fighter in a fight he was clearly winning.

He's rustling a lot of jimmies and that's going to hype the fight even more.
{<jimmies}

For sure the rematch will draw a ton of fans

Many defending the decision to flop like a fish and cry , caz it's worth extra money

Many infuriated rightfully so that he acted like a bitch after all the shit he talked

The rematch will be huge ...big fight with big interest considering they're the little guys ...

Yan is the one who delivered a blatant crushing illegal knee to the head. Be mad at Petr for being a dumbass.

Ok we understand

But sterling double facing isn't a good look

He cried and threwbthe belt on the ground

An hour later tweeted with shots in hand and belt on.

Then asked for Henry and wants to avoid the rematch .......what a bitch move !!!

It’s bizarre that people are mad at the guy who got blatantly fouled and not the idiot who threw the clearly illegal cheap shot.

Also, everyone is an expert on concussions now. Aljo was quite clearly EXHAUSTED before the knee landed, having expended a lot of energy trying to keep pressure on Yan and having been hit by quite a few good shots in the process.

Has Aljo ever gone 4 or 5 rounds before? He has never been in a title fight an I don’t recall him being main event for any fight nights.

He got a concussion when he was exhausted. According to him he threw up after the fight.

Being dizzy is a pretty common symptom of a concussion, and he took a very hard shot which he didn’t see coming and thus didn’t brace for/roll with or deflect at all.

I know the court of public opinion has made up their minds on the story which coincidentally creates the most drama and perfect clickbait, and gives people a nice convenient scapegoat to direct all of their frustration at, but I am not so sure that Aljo wasn’t just properly fucked up from being kneed in his fucking face after fighting for nearly 20 minutes against a monster who put some damage on him.

Last edited:
Let the salt flow through you, young Shertards, remember you hate Sterling now, because his opponent got caught cheating.

You dummies SHOULD be mad at Yan’s corner, or Yan for ruining a very good fight.
Aljo should embrace the dark side..he’ll sell more ppv that way. Get as much money as possible, and hit the road.

Last edited:
I would be a lot more cool with it if Aljo didn't make such a drama scene about it. It was so over the top fake, that you see how disingenuous he is. And he keeps pretending even now, making it more annoying.

He could have just kept down, told the doc I can't continue. And then after just say: "Yeah Yan threw an illegal knee that could change the course of the fight. It was a move that DQs Yan and gets me the title. I was behind on the scorecards and took my win. Now we can rematch and I get paid more as the champ. If Yan didn't want this to happen, he shouldn't knee me in the head when I'm on the floor."

If he had done that, I could respect it. Because he would be honest about it and realistic on the situation. I think everyone would be less harsh. Sure, some media people would start talking about he played the system etc. but fans wouldn't be so pissed about it.

And also it was extra annoying due to the commentary team being so supportive of Aljo's obvious faking of being super hurt. They could have also been more objective about it. Say that Yan threw an illegal knee and should be DQ'd and that Aljo should walk away with the title. But adding that Aljo is acting like he's totally messed up, rolling around to get the fight stopped and win the belt. I really didn't like how they handled it.

Ok we understand

But sterling double facing isn't a good look

He cried and threwbthe belt on the ground

An hour later tweeted with shots in hand and belt on.

Then asked for Henry and wants to avoid the rematch .......what a bitch move !!!
Henry is harder to beat than Yan is. Aljo has no grappling advantages over Cejudo and I can see Triple C steamrolling this guy in the first round. Styles make fights.

Keyboard basement dwellers acting like they have more heart than a professional cage fighter. This is a sport with rules and regulation, not some dumb backyard streer fight. UFC are motherf*ckers to lay the responsibility on the fighter on whether or not they should continue. After a nasty intentional knee in the fucking face should be an automatic DQ

Back