Does Adesanya vs Jan change your perception of GSP vs Bisping?

Mr Joyboy

Doctor of Divinity
@purple
Reaction score
I hear a lot of people talk about how GSP cherry picked Bisping and give GSP no credit.

Meanwhile, a champion in his prime (Adesanya), went up a weight division against a less-regarded champion (Jan) who has a bunch of losses, is a chronic underdog, and was seen as a P4P inferior to Adesanya.... and he lost clear as day.

I've always rated GSP's MW win highly, but does Israel-Jan raise it in the eyes of the haters, too?

I hear a lot of people talk about how GSP cherry picked Bisping and give GSP no credit.

Meanwhile, a champion in his prime (Adesanya), went up a weight division against a less-regarded champion (Jan) who has a bunch of losses, is a chronic underdog, and was seen as a P4P inferior to Adesanya.... and he lost clear as day.

I've always rated GSP's MW win highly, but does Israel-Jan raise it in the eyes of the haters, too?

Just ignore the haters. Just a waste of time really. Nothing of value will come out of their mouths.

GSP beating bisping was a big deal. We can guess gauge around what level he was at middle weight.

Israel, even though he lost, did well imo. I think he could come back later on if he wanted to. He just has to improve on certain areas. But again, a good guess gauge how he would do there from this fight. I think if he gets better over the years he can be champ there too one day. However, I think he should reign at MW right now.

No because people on Sherdog only use fights to attempt to prove opinions they have already.

Jan is far more dangerous than Bisping. Bisping is known for having pillow fists (apart from one ko) and had one eye

No, Jan didn’t get heavily damaged in a fight
called out against an irrelevant LHW contender to avenge a loss prior.

He also has 2 healthy eyes afaik.

Yeah...Bisping wasn't able to do what Jan did to defend his title...GSP was able to do what Izzy couldn't...

Did Bisping ever even beat anyone in the top 5 other than Rockhold?

GSP's win over bisping is great, fuck the haters.

GSP got the win in a division I feel he is too small for. He looked bloated and stiff at 185, and definately slowed down quick in that fight. Still he got the win.
Bisping himself has great fights and wins over the likes of Rockhold, Anderson Silva, Henderson etc

No because I already knew that izzi was overated AF and GSP the goat.

Also look at what the moose did to Rory when he came up. Going up and winning ain’t easy.

People will always try to diminish GSP for whatever reason but the fact he went up a weight class at like 36 years old, after not fighting for ~4 years, after tearing his ACL, and still WON the belt is absolutley insane and always will be.

The discrediting of Bisping when the Bisping/GSP fight was booked was pretty bad. Guy was on a win streak of Silva, Rockhold, and Hendo.

Also, GSP's extremely high fight IQ got him that win. GSP got chewed up badly in the 2nd round, and you could really see the size/physical difference between the two become a factor. But GSP came back with adjusts and scored the win.

A lot of people thought bisping would win at the time. Of course after gsp won suddenly everyone knew that was an easy fight for gsp and he cherry picked him etc.

There is nobody significantly better than Jan at 205, but when GSP was fighting Bisping we had prime Robert, Yoel, etc all waiting in line.

Nah, I actually give GSP a lot of credit for the beating him. GSP could fight at LW & there’s no way Izzy fights at WW + Bisping used to fight at LHW so it was an impressive win in and of itself.

The thing is he came out of retirement so he would have been in better shape to fight Luke but wanted none of that. Then fucking over Dana and the fans by not defending just looks bad. It was a classic cherry pick.

No it doesn't. Because I always considered it to be a tremendous undertaking to move up a weight class and fight the champ there...and if you get the win on top of that, well that sets you in a category apart.

What GSP achieved really elevated him above Silva in the GOAT discussion.

So naturally, many Silva fans have to diminish both Bisping and GSP. That’ll never change.

Back