Whats better for the Hw division?

JustBLEED123

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Stipe winning or Francis? I think stipe might be done soon, so if he wins he can retire. If Francis wins, they are going to run it back. But if Francis loses, stipe retires, do they do black beast vs Francis for the vacated belt?

Francis because he's begging for fights while Stipe is begging for breaks from fighting.

Stipe. He puts a stamp on the whole damn thing if he beats Francis again. Then he gets the big money fight, in which I think he beats Jones. Then let the man retire, and reset the division. Ngannou will still be around at that point.

Having such a one dimensional fighter as Ngannou as the champion right now just devalues the whole thing imo.

Right now, still Stipe. Cause I want the GOAT Jones vs HW GOAT Stipe.

Also, Francis has already shown being prone to being egotistical and has sat out almost a year. So the activity argument and him being easier to deal with than Stipe is highly unlikely.

Franc would certainly bring more entertainment value to the division for me. He’s much more active plus he’s not nearly as well-rounded as Stipe which could make for some more interesting title fight matchups

If Francis wins it's a trilogy.

So it depends. If you're fans of trilogies then it's Francis. If not, then it's Stipe.

Probably Stipe to add some legitimacy to the division. Francis winning a title by windmilling a bunch of wash ups would be a huge disgrace to the division.

<mma4>

Stipe winning or Francis? I think stipe might be done soon, so if he wins he can retire. If Francis wins, they are going to run it back. But if Francis loses, stipe retires, do they do black beast vs Francis for the vacated belt?
I doubt Stipe retires if he wins. He'll want the Jones fight.

Francis. I wanna see some new blood and things shaken up. We'll probably get the rubber match if he wins, but then I hope he does it again. I think he's gonna fight more often than Stipe too, although he has waited quite some time for this shot.

Jones quickly entering the division and fighting prolifically is the best thing for the division.

Stipe and Francis is going to be a good fight... But what comes next is going to have a big impact on popularity.

There are actually some good up and comers and a prolific Jones would make things very interesting indeed....

I love Stipe. That being said Francis is a promoters dream and will be able to fight frequently. He's also easy as hell to promote. Stipe's is 37 and taken major damage since the 1st Ngannou fight, he's probably got 2 or 3 more fights left in him. I'd love to see Stipe go out on top, but the chances of that happening in the heavyweight division are extremely slim.

They both have the immigrant mentality, so it's a coinflip for me.

Francis because he is one big scary dude. Miocic is almost done and speaks a language only he can understand.

Lol at people thinking Francis will fight at the same rate if he wins. With Lewis near the top of the division and Gane on the rise, there are still some new fresh matchups for Stipe after Jones. I’m just not sure he will fight that long, or even get past Ngannou.

Stipe. He puts a stamp on the whole damn thing if he beats Francis again. Then he gets the big money fight, in which I think he beats Jones. Then let the man retire, and reset the division. Ngannou will still be around at that point.

Having such a one dimensional fighter as Ngannou as the champion right now just devalues the whole thing imo.
That is "Better for Stipe", not "Better for the division" scenario

Stipe likely retire anyway, either after losing to Francis, or after fighting Jones, win or lose.
So better if this fight build up Ngannou's popularity. There are some great fights to make with him as a champ, that would energize the division.

Back