Is it time to close 145 women division?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don’t mind having the female 115 division or the 135 division (the 125 is trash), but that last tattoo chick was coming off a two fight win streak over two bums that were 0-0 in the UFC.

Like cmon now and she got a title shot against Nunes off that. And this bum fighter had the nerve to call it HER card just cuz someone said that they wouldn’t sleep with her. Looking like Stewart from MadTV.

Cyborg is gone so there isn’t a purpose of having it around if there are only soccer moms and laundry ladies left in the division. I don’t wanna see anymore of them get hurt by the Lioness.

FOzETRW.gif

But the #5-10 girls are fighting for next shot

They're going to keep it alive for Kayla Harrison, this seems pretty obvious to me. She fights out the last year of her PFL contract this year and assuming she wins again she signs with the UFC as a 13-0 undefeated two time PFL season winner and two time Olympic gold medallist.

time to close WMMA.

hate all you want, a big portion of people here are tired of watching lame chick fights as co-main events.
Hate to say it but I kind of agree. It was a novelty that isn't ready to be a mainstay yet. There are a few very very good and entertaining female fighters but that's just it a few.

They're going to keep it alive for Kayla Harrison, this seems pretty obvious to me. She fights out the last year of her PFL contract this year and assuming she wins again she signs with the UFC as a 13-0 undefeated two time PFL season winner and two time Olympic gold medallist.
^^^^^^^^^^^This

It's not even really a division at this point, it's a placeholder for Nunes-Harrison.

They need to find some decent girl fighters and fast. I like wmma, just need to have more fighters that are on a good technical level.

Obviously not.
Dana said in the post fight that as long as nunes wants to continue to defend it,he will leave it open.

And honestly,i very much enjoyed the devastation.

Speak for yourself. The majority of MMA fans support WMMA.
I personally support it but I just don't think the talent pool is there yet for it to be featured as heavily. Outside of the champs and a few others they just don't have much talent.

They are years late to that, the moment when the broadcasting team realizes there is no one, and say it on air a bunch of times is a clear sign of a division that shouldnt have never existed in the first place.
there are only soccer moms and laundry ladies left in the division.

That would turn it into 135/125 divisions, but its not even that, there are no soccer moms to fill a ranking.

I personally support it but I just don't think the talent pool is there yet for it to be featured as heavily. Outside of the champs and a few others they just don't have much talent.
You could argue that it should be less prominent, but that is not what you are agreeing with. You are agreeing with eliminating it entirely.

83% of UFC fights are in men's divisions. WMMA haters are whining because it isn't 100%.
Fucking babies pretending like their opinion matters.

I don’t mind having the female 115 division or the 135 division (the 125 is trash), but that last tattoo chick was coming off a two fight win streak over two bums that were 0-0 in the UFC.

Like cmon now and she got a title shot against Nunes off that. And this bum fighter had the nerve to call it HER card just cuz someone said that they wouldn’t sleep with her. Looking like Stewart from MadTV.

Cyborg is gone so there isn’t a purpose of having it around if there are only soccer moms and laundry ladies left in the division. I don’t wanna see anymore of them get hurt by the Lioness.

it should never been started.in the first place. just have cris fight no need for a belt.

It's way passed time to shut it down. The division was made for Cyborg and Cyborg couldn't even hold on to it against the blown-up Nunes. Who is Nunes supposed to fight there now?

yeah they should get rid of it.

megan can move to bellator or something. sucks but you can't have a division with nobody in it.

Back