Media Ariel Helwani being a Psychopath

While a truly revolting weasel of a humin bean, Ariel has put a lot of work in to being where he is. And in this often extremely dull sport, he's responsible for building more exciting rivalries and matches than UFC management.

So you gotta take the bad with the good. Ariel helps stir these stale waters. He's also not a psychopath. Very superficial and schmaltzy, but not a psychopath.

Last edited:
He used to be entertaining when he was new on the scene, but in the last few years he started believing his own hype and he's totally out of touch with reality.

personally i never had a problem with ariel. he takes the shit seriously, he does his homework and all that. IMO a lot of people just hate on him because he's kind of weird looking. like the dweeby guy in high school who was always trying to act like a jock or something.

personally i never had a problem with ariel. he takes the shit seriously, he does his homework and all that. IMO a lot of people just hate on him because he's kind of weird looking. like the dweeby guy in high school who was always trying to act like a jock or something.

He is an instigator, and has been called out numerous times by fighters for it.

He’s more like a highschool drama queen than anything.

Ariel jumped the shark when he left MMAfighting I haven't watched since

While I agree with most that he's a fuckin princess, with a giant sized ego, he does the sport an overall good.
There's very very few journalist that are willing to call out the UFC and ask legit, hard hitting questions.

The Assassin Weasel

He rubs some people the wrong way and it makes for great entertainment. <45>

Think Ariel is a bit misunderstood. Get's blamed a lot for "instigating" but really I think he's just trying to help fighters promote their fights. I can see why that annoys people, but I think his heart is in the right place. Sure it's not completely altruistic. If he stirs the pot for some fighters, he gets to add his face and soundbites into those situations. But still, I think he sees an opportunity to help fighters while helping himself. Win-win.

Didn't he start out covering pro-wrestling? Makes sense.

Back