An Option To Turn Off The Commentators

CallMeCasual

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Would you like to have that option? I would and I feel like I want to hear what's going on in the octagon, the ref, the fighters, the impact, and whatnot. But I really don't like to listen to the commentators, and usually, when it's big fights I want to catch whatever is going on in the octagon, but then it's pretty much impossible to ignore the garbage commentary. Especially when they are shilling hard for the favorite.

Why isn't this an option?

Part of the commentary team's job is also to plug whatever sponsors they have at that time so that's probably part of it. If you're a conspiracy theorist also possibly so you can't escape the UFC pushing their agenda which is all around trying to build marketable stars and super fights.

I'd love it too but it's never going to happen. Commentators do ad reads and, as you said, put out whatever narratives the UFC wants.

I would for sure use that often. Rogan was having full conversations that had nothing to do with the fights. It was so ridiculous. Like dude its not your podcast stfu if it isnt about the event.
How long before he mentions DMT on the ufc broadcast? Or has he already and I'm just not aware?

I thought back in the day they experimented with allowing fans to choose audio options on Fight Pass — like listening in on the corners or just the fight itself. Maybe it was all a dream.

It would be amazing especially in COVID times because you would only hear the grunts, the impact of the shots and so on. It would truly be an immersive experience into the fight

They would have to send multiple audio channels with the video stream, but apart from that, technically it should be possible.

In my country of residence and with the platform I watch UFC on I have the option of switching to the local language, although I prefer to watch the version with the English commentary out of habit.

It would be cool to have the option to describe, TS, but in truth I would probably find it boring and put the commentary most of the times.

Would you like to have that option? I would and I feel like I want to hear what's going on in the octagon, the ref, the fighters, the impact, and whatnot. But I really don't like to listen to the commentators, and usually, when it's big fights I want to catch whatever is going on in the octagon, but then it's pretty much impossible to ignore the garbage commentary. Especially when they are shilling hard for the favorite.

Why isn't this an option?

It's called a mute button.

The commentary should just be thrown out altogether, we know what we are watching, let us enjoy our violence in peace.

That is actually a great idea, but then they cant sellout and shit during the fight, so dont count on that ever being a thing. I would definetely use it though. Had to watch Adesanya vs Jan again to watch the fight with a clear mind, just because the Commentary was so annoying and shit.

Back