If Steroids or TRT were legal, would going up in weight classes be more common?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The obvious answer is yes. My best friend has done a cycle of steroids in for 8 weeks and literally put on like 25 pounds of pure muscle. It was insane. His body loved it. I've never seen him that big. If Izzy were allowed to juice. He could get to proper LHW levels in 3 months. What's crazy is Jones did juice and still stayed away from HW. Hes trying to move up "clean" and its seemingly taking forever. Make steroids legal again. Am I alone in this? The steroid era in MMA was a beautiful time..

Bring back TRT + knees to the head on the ground and up kicks and that will make me a happy man.

The obvious answer is yes. My best friend has done a cycle of steroids in for 8 weeks and literally put on like 25 pounds of pure muscle. It was insane. His body loved it. I've never seen him that big. If Izzy were allowed to juice. He could get to proper LHW levels in 3 months. What's crazy is Jones did juice and still stayed away from HW. Hes trying to move up "clean" and its seemingly taking forever. Make steroids legal again. Am I alone in this? The steroid era in MMA was a beautiful time..
There's a trade off, that much muscle too fast and you won't be used to the extra weight and muscle. It happens to a lot of fighters. Can't just fill your frame up with all muscle, you gain strength but your other strengths like speed/cardio/conditioning etc will go down. Just look at UFC pre USADA, or at other combat sports that don't use USADA. That will give you the answers to your question.

Also don't forget Adesanya's mysterious gyno on one breast that appeared in his 30s. So that pretty much answers your question as well.

There's a trade off, that much muscle too fast and you won't be used to the extra weight and muscle. It happens to a lot of fighters. Can't just fill your frame up with all muscle, you gain strength but your other strengths like speed/cardio/conditioning etc will go down. Just look at UFC pre USADA, or at other combat sports that don't use USADA. That will give you the answers to your question.

Also don't forget Adesanya's mysterious gyno on one breast that appeared in his 30s. So that pretty much answers your question as well.
Speaking of that. Did Israel get that titty repaired? Looked like it. Izzy was a hardcore kickboxer with like 80 fights. You dont get there without a little "help"

You know what else would be more common, massive heart attacks

Well I mean, that’s how Sean Sherk filled out for 155. Dude is probably a clean 135er or 125er. But they didn’t have those divisions, so he juiced up to fill out a LW frame. So yes, guys can put on more muscles and go to heavier weight classes with anabolic steroids.

I don’t think it’s the right thing to make it allowed though. Fighter health, safety, and the ability to keep the ufc on networks like an abc or espn all rely on stringent drug testing

Im guessing Jones HAS to move up because hes clean now. The weight cut is probably too hard to do now and his performance is dropping. His last couple fights are evidence of that.

Speaking of that. Did Israel get that titty repaired? Looked like it. Izzy was a hardcore kickboxer with like 80 fights. You dont get there without a little "help"
There was a post on here where people were pointing out a surgery scar. It is noticeably reduced in size. I doubt they were testing seriously in the majority of his fights prior to UFC. They don't do that for smaller shows to cut costs, plus lots of it happened internationally.

Sigh. Not all AAS are designed to do the same thing. I would say the temptation to lose weight but maintain strength and conditioning OR maintaining weight while enhancing strength are all more appealing. Especially considering the mass gaining anabolics tend to come with sides that impact cardio performance

I liked whatever Pride was doing, those fighters were all superheroes.

Vitor Belfort would still be the champ.

No, if anything cutting (more) weight would be more common.

No, if anything cutting (more) weight would be more common.

Powerlifting that is untested that has 24 hour weigh-ins sees dudes making massive weight cuts using banned substances. If the UFC opened it up to that and IV's we would see middleweights weighing close to 220 on fight night for sure.

People still juice, just in smaller more precise cycles with various ways to cheat the system.
Basically, if somebody gets caught it's cause they are a massive jackass.

Funnily enough, more people are moving up today than they did in the 2009-2014 era that I think you're talking about.

I don't think it's anything more than that extreme weight cutting finally hit a wall, and a few guys figured out they can do better by bulking up and cutting less, than cutting more. And that (IMO) is independent of PEDs.

There were a few exceptions that proved the rule back then (Edgar, Machida, Hendo). And 2 of those guys eventually succumbed to weight cutting like everyone else.

Source: my best friend experinece eith PEDs

Conclusion: Gonna happen the same thing with all people in the world

Sounds true

Back