News With Holm Injured, Pena Likely To Get Next Title Shot

I find pena extremely annoying and entitled, so i wouldnt mind seeing amanda send her to bolivian in brutal fashion, but pena really doesnt deserve a title shot at all.

Any word on what is troubling holm btw? Sherdog news said it was undisclosed at the time article was written.

Fuck sake... I never thought I'd find myself hoping that Holly Holm gets ANOTHER Title-shot, but at least she lasts more than a minute with Amanda when they fight...

What if she fought Cejudo with one arm strapped or something...

At this point we’re just killing time until Kayla Harrison’s PFL contract expires at the end of the year.

She has not competed at 135 in quite a while so I think that the weight cut will be as interesting as the fight itself.

I find pena extremely annoying and entitled, so i wouldnt mind seeing amanda send her to bolivian in brutal fashion, but pena really doesnt deserve a title shot at all.

Any word on what is troubling holm btw? Sherdog news said it was undisclosed at the time article was written.
No clue, sorry.

I'm more concerned about Ladd and when she comes back. She's been out for 9 months

How many more times will they offer Holm title shots? It seems as if she is always just one win away to get a TS. These WMMA fighters have it so easy compared to the dudes.

I don't like the GDR rematch (too recent and I think she loses again btw), but Pena should get one more win, maybe fight Aspen Ladd or someone like that.

She doesn't deserve to fight Amanda yet although it looks like what the UFC brass is going to go with.

No clue, sorry.

I'm more concerned about Ladd and when she comes back. She's been out for 9 months
Yeah, will be fun when ladd is back. The holly thing just sounded weird. She pulled out of her commentating gig wich is now and canceled a fight 2 months away. Was thinking rona but then why cancel the fight in 2 months when she could recover.

I don't like the GDR rematch (too recent and I think she loses again btw), but Pena should get one more win, maybe fight Aspen Ladd or someone like that.

She doesn't deserve to fight Amanda yet although it looks like what the UFC brass is going to go with.
Ladd is planning to come back soon I know

I mean, why not I guess? Nunes has no real challenges and it’s somebody she hasn’t fought yet. Everybody is basically just a body at this point.

I mean, why not I guess? Nunes has no real challenges and it’s somebody she hasn’t fought yet. Everybody is basically just a body at this point.
Ladds the only one who has a shot, and it's not a big one.

They should see if they can book Amanda a fight between now that the apparent Pena fight. I know it sounds like a joke but at this point I seriously think that’s the only way to even the playing field for her. Just give her multiple fights....

Amanda has been inactive for a bit so I’m anxious to see her back in the octagon since her fight at UFC 259 never happened.

Lol...Anyway, unless Val is standing across the cage from her, it’s just going to be easy pay days for her. She’s so far ahead of both divisions and it’s not even remotely debatable.

I'd rather see Nunes/GdR 3, at least GdR could last 5 rounds & hurt Nunes. In their last fight GdR hurt Nunes with a right hand standing, an upkick, & nearly caught her in a triangle.

To me that's more appealing than seeing someone who has no finish-ability get slaughtered. If Amanda loses it won't be over 5 rounds unless its against Shevy.

Well they could also wait a minute before scheduling the next title fight. Pena is literally on a 1 fight win streak and very recently lost to GDR who Nunes destroyed twice. Why throw her in there with Nunes, only for people to say it was a huge mismatch to begin with.

Amanda herself said she needs time to readjust her weight before going back down to 135, I say give her 6 months or so and meanwhile have the top BW fight until a clear #1 contender emerge.

Sure I guess. Amanda will run through her most likely too barring the ole punchers chance. Or somehow suriving long enough for Amanda to gas. Really only Shevchenko is the only women you can plausibly match against her and not expect a routing, and even though it probably makes the most sense competitively we've already seen it twice so it's not really that exciting anymore. Even people citing GDR isn't much of a match. Sure GDR tagged her, but Amanda was immediately able to secure takedowns to nullify any potential to follow up because of GDR's weaknesses in grappling, and Nunes almost punched her out to before GDR even landed anything. So let's not act like it's not anything more than a punchers chance with her too given the over all skill set gap. That being said though absolutely no point in Amanda retiring, these are basically free pay cheques at the cost of maybe sore knuckles for a few days and time spent in the gym leading up to be in good shape.

They gotta line her up something I guess

Valentina at 135 should be made before this. Not sure if Val is up for it.

Back