Media ''But he is getting outstruck''

One of the worst calls in a fight full of them. Insistent Jan is getting outstruck when the numbers say otherwise. “Pop” when Izzy lands one jab but doesn’t acknowledge anything Jan lands. He was just laser focused on the guy he thought would win and it clouded his judgment very badly.

Yeah it was pretty bad.
If anything the striking was close. Jan was out striking Izzy by a small margin. But to confidently declare either fighter was out striking the other at that point was just bad.

Izzy was getting out struck though.

The big difference is that Joe used to spend entire days watching and analysing fights to be ready for his commentary gig, having also spent to week training and hanging out with a lot of the same fighters.

He is now a Texas-based zillionaire podcaster that has to put an enormous amount of work into this... He used to have a much more "getting to know you" style, whreas now he certain brings people in to talk about specific topic... He also doesnt train with the boys as much.

It's a question of priority... And also the fact that nothing kills the hunger for your day job quite like a $100m cheque would.

<30>

Last edited:
It's bad that Joe obviously doesn't understand what he is watching. While Izzy was feinting a lot and setting traps, Jan was actually landing shots. I am not saying that Izzy didn't look like the cooler better calmer striker, but the fact is that he did not land and Jan did (although not too much either), and that is what counts in a fight.

The first round Izzy was doing well but iirc Jan dropped him in the end, making this a really close round. The second round I had Jan winning clearly.

What is even worse is that the journalists obviously have no clue what they are watching. This Bronsteter guy confidently tweeting that Izzy is up 2-0 just because he is relying on Rogan...smh

What are the fans supposed to do when commentary and journalism is so bad? I can't blame half of sherdog for thinking fighter x got robbed when Rogan is spouting bs non-stop.

jan-blachowicz-israel-adesanya-ufc-259-scorecard.jpg

All 3 judges gave Jan rd 1
2 judges gave Jan rd 2

Joe: "He's getting outstruck"

What a clown.

Joe is having a thing kinda like a "ring rust" on commentating, and it's very noticeably in the past few events, imo due to not being in most cards like he used to. He was even a little bit of emotional these days and have cried at least 2-3 times in this covid era. He was pretty sharp back in the day when he and Goldy are doing their thing.

Yeah it was pretty bad.
If anything the striking was close. Jan was out striking Izzy by a small margin. But to confidently declare either fighter was out striking the other at that point was just bad.

Izzy was getting out struck though.

This, pretty much. Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the fight. I was irritated by Rogan's comment and actually revised the fight up to this point in my head, without changing my opinion that Adesanya was definitely not outstriking Jan.

I thought it was funny that they talked so much about Jan biting on all of Adesanya's feints, but neglect to mention that Adesanya didn't really use that to land meaningful strikes or set up traps, he just didn't throw enough volume

It was pretty bad but not worse than that aron bronsteter guy who they keep displaying tweets from. Guy seems like a clueless moron who is bandwagoning so hard he should be banned from tweeting about ufc :D
Anyone know who he is? His scoring is usually atrocious and super biased as is his tweets in general. Reminds me of someone super woke.

Anik was silent a lot, and DC countered Joe couple of times and also laughed at some Joe's statements, as did Anik. Rogan really went batshit crazy

Rogan and DC were awful Saturday night. Both this fight and the Yan vs. Sterling fight were incredibly biased. If you just listened to this fight you would think that Izzy dominated Jan.

The UFC must do better.

I remember when Rogan had his own opinions and didn’t just shamelessly promote whoever the UFC told him to.

Back