Poor man's Anderson Silva

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's obvious that's who he tries to emulate most, he even said so himself, but he comes up short.

Anderson had a different aura about him, didn't have that insecure millennial vibe, and didn't obsess about his own greatness like that. The guy would literally always tell you that someone else is the greatest, and downplay his own skills. He never called dudes out, never picked his opponents, never talked shit on social media, or act like he was more special than the rest of the roster... aside from the greatness he would display inside the cage, he pretty much flew under the radar.

Izzy is just a cheap immitation who tries too hard, but lacks the aura and charisma to pull it off and be likable. He goes out of his way to get attention and steal other people's ideas and accomplishments, but just failed miserably at attempting to take down 205's like Anderson did. Now it's back to 185 with his tail between his legs, only about 10 title defense away from matching the spider there, good luck.

main-qimg-361efa55888ceed13784af7ba786f2c5

Last edited:
It's obvious that's who he tries to emulate most, he even said so himself, but he comes up short.

Anderson had a different aura about him, didn't have that insecure millennial vibe, and didn't obsess about his own greatness like that. The guy would literally always tell you that someone else is the greatest, and downplay his own skills. He never called dudes out, never picked his opponents, never talked shit on social media, or act like he was more special than the rest of the roster... aside from the greatness he would display inside the cage, he pretty much flew under the radar.

Izzy is just a try hard cheap immitation who tries too hard, but lacks the aura and charisma to pull it off and be likable. He goes out of his way to get attention and steak other people's ideas and accomplishments, but just failed miserably at attempting to take down 205's like Anderson did. Now it's back to 185 with his tail between his legs, only about 10 title defense away from matching the spider, good luck.

I actually agree with you 100%. Plus Anderson is a more skilled MMA fighter. Ground game way better, legit black belt BJJ.

Izzy definitely should work on BJJ. He seems to pose no threat there.

MW fighters won't have a 25-30lb advantage on him but they should be trying as hard as possible to get the fight to the ground vs Izzy after what we saw.

Kelvin did the best vs Izzy most likely due to him actually threating a takedown a few times.

Izzy is just a try hard cheap immitation who tries too hard, but lacks the aura and charisma to pull it off and be likable. He goes out of his way to get attention and steak other people's ideas and accomplishments, but just failed miserably at attempting to take down 205's like Anderson did. Now it's back to 185 with his tail between his legs, only about 10 title defense away from matching the spider, good luck.

As an Anderson fan, I agree with most of what you wrote. However, Anderson did have a bit of ego inside the cage. I never liked the clowning around which is how he lost to Weidman.

@Koro_11
Is Israel using poor man's steroids as well?

For the especially thick skulled: no, I'm not accusing Israel of using steroids.
You sound about 12.

Join date yesterday? Story checks out.

@Koro_11
I'm sorry your so-called """GOAT""" flushed his legacy down the drain by being a steroid abusing cheat.

Do not compare a clean fighter like Israel to a dirty cheater.

@Koro_11
I'm sorry your so-called """GOAT""" flushed his legacy down the drain by being a steroid abusing cheat.

Do not compare a clean fighter like Israel to a dirty cheater.
Delusion is a weird thing, I bet some part of you that's in deep denial actually believes that.

But you always have reality fucking with you, and the reality is that no matter what you try to tell yourself, Anderson Silva is in fact considered one of the greatest of all time by both fans and other fighters.

But cry more.

@Koro_11
GSP says dirty steroid abusing cheats should not be present on the GOAT candidate list. I'll take GSP's word over yours :p

@Koro_11
Is Israel using poor man's steroids as well?

For the especially thick skulled: no, I'm not accusing Israel of using steroids.
Well this is a response I can't wait to hear. Silva fans always go to the "but he was coming off a major injury and only took steroids to heal." Which is lame bc it's still cheating and also how the hell does anybody know why and even hjow many times he's taken it and gotten away with it......, AND I'M A MAJOR SILVA FAN!!

The anderson was so humble/nice guy thing is super overplayed. When you look at some of his in ring antics and clowning he doesnt seem like a nice guy at all. More like early jon jones kind of fake nice guy wibe.
He was an incredible fighter though and thats what matters in this sport.

Anderson Silva absolutely tarnished his legacy. He is still remembered as one of the greatest but he won only one fight in the last 8 years. Still not BJ Penn level of absolutely embarrassing yourself but very sad.

Back