Anderson didn't have a k1 background. However prime Andy would KO Jan. How is this possible.

Fedor Emelianenko

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anderson really is a phenom, there is nothing I saw yesterday that would make me beleive that Jan could beat Anderson.

Jan is almost tailor-made for Anderson, slow plodding biting at every feint. Anderson would work Jan. Jan could not Sonnen silva, Sonnen is an absolute beast of a wrestler.

Andy also has a much better ground game than Izzy.

How could Anderson pretty much be the most effective MW striker without ever fighting K1?

So your entire argument is based on the fact that Anderson would beat Jan in his prime...
and your point is that Anderson would beat Jan in his prime...
and your support is that you think Anderson would beat Jan in his prime.

Great thread.

Anderson really is a phenom, there is nothing I saw yesterday that would make me beleive that Jan could beat Anderson.

Jan is almost tailor-made for Anderson, slow plodding biting at every feint. Anderson would work Jan. Jan could not Sonnen silva, Sonnen is an absolute beast of a wrestler.

How could Anderson pretty much be the most effective MW striker without ever fighting K1?
You may be right, but the Sonnen that fought Silva, and the Silva that fought Sonnen, could not exist with the USADA testing that exists today

Jan would do whatever he wanted to to Andy. Andy would likely die against him.

Hard to say. In Silva's prime it was basically a death sentence to anyone who would stand with him, he almost always got the finish. Today people go to ground with black belts more often because they know the positions that they can't be submitted. So Jan probably could take down Silva.

Thats ok, no ones trying to convince the delusional schitzo talking to himself in the corner.

Anderson was never really that good. He fought journeymen and guys with neanderthal skill sets. Every time he moved up, those guys were tailor made gifts. Anderson was a construct of a weak MMA landscape and never really beat anyone that good. Any version of Jan gives him issues and probably beats him.

Jan isn't forrest he doesn't throw blind haymakers and just try to take your head off, he was patient using well placed jabs, feints, properly set-up hooks and TD's mixed in. He would create all the same problems that Weidman caused for Andy and all it would take is one shot to put his lights out.

Jan's TD's were perfectly timed and Andy had horrible wrestling he would be very easy to bring down, Andy's groundgame is also extremely overrated the guy got dominated on the ground by whitebelt Sonnen.

Jan would have beaten Anderson stop this nonsense

Back