Why do people think Yan intentionally kneed Aljo?

bobStash

I like Whippy's avatar.
Banned
Reaction score
I hear people say this on forum and on youtube. Why would he intentionally illegally knee a guy he is dominating? He was cruising to a nice victory. This theory makes no sense to me. What am I missing here?

Because TS and people like him don't understand the meaning of the word "intentionally".

EDIT: You confuse "intention" with "motivation". He intentionally kneed him. He fucking meant to throw a knee to Sterling's face in that precise moment. Whether he did because he is a mean SOB, because he didn't understand the rules, because of bad instructions from his corner, or because he had brain fart is a different discussion and doesn't really matter here.

Last edited:
I remember being like ok Yan will win this then a second later I was like you fucking dumbass

IMO, it was clearly intentional as he meant to throw the knee. He just thought it wasn't illegal because some dumb-ass in his corner saw it wrong.

I hear people say this on forum and on youtube. Why would he intentionally illegally knee a guy he is dominating? He was cruising to a nice victory. This theory makes no sense to me. What am I missing here?
He picked up his knee and slammed it into aljos head ?

I'm confused by the whole intentional vs unintentional knee as well, what's the difference? The one journalist asking dana at the press conference was trying to frame it like yan intentionally did something dirty thinking he wouldn't get caught which is absurd.

So true. /Thread.
How do I not understand the word? In my OP I wrote "Why would he intentionally illegally knee a guy he is dominating"? I know he intentionally kneed him but it's obvious he did not know it was illegal.

I'm confused by the whole intentional vs unintentional knee as well, what's the difference? The one journalist asking dana at the press conference was trying to frame it like yan intentionally did something dirty thinking he wouldn't get caught which is absurd.
Yeah, this is the point I don't agree with nor do I think makes any sense. Why would he purposefully commit an illegal act in a match he is dominating.

Because they are mixing up "intentional knee" and "intentionally illegal knee". He did knee intentionally, but not intentionally illegal. The referee whispered to the comissioner that it was intentionally illegal strike, so thats why they ruled it as a DQ and Yan lost his belt. Instead of just admitting the obvious, that is that he didn't want to break the rules, and make it a NC decision and Yan would keep his belt this way. This is all the issue. So you have people who are too stupid to make this difference or just a friendly trolls having fun twisting these two differences around for their pleasure.

He seems like kind of a dummy. And he seems mean, like he doesn’t wanna hold back. He paid the price. Rules are rules.

He intentionally kneed Sterling, however he didn’t intentionally foul Sterling...

See the difference?

If the knee had been ruled an accidental illegal blow, would the match have ended in a NC?

How do I not understand the word? In my OP I wrote "Why would he intentionally illegally knee a guy he is dominating"? I know he intentionally kneed him but it's obvious he did not know it was illegal.

Your title...

I think we're on the same page. Yan had zero emotion, he just cold blooded kneed him.

He thought the strike was legal (even though the ref explicitly told him Sterling is grounded). Every single one of us has the same brain farts every now and then, in which you forget stuff you know perfectly. The other day I forgot my debit card PIN out of nowhere and couldn't remember it even if my life depended on it.

Some brain farts are costly, though.

P.S. How can you argue the strike was not intentional? How can Yan hit something other than Sterling's head from that position? If it was something like Jones-Smith, in which Jones tried to hit Smith's body - okay, I get it. But here... he just thought Sterling wasn't grounded.

You confuse "intention" with "motivation". He intentionally kneed him. He fucking meant to throw a knee to Sterling's face in that precise moment. Whether he did because he is a mean SOB, because he didn't understand the rules, because of bad instructions from his corner, or because he had brain fart is a different discussion and doesn't really matter here.

Because one jackass in his corner didn't know the rules, and yelled to him to throw the knee. In the video of the corner, when the knee connects and the referee stops the fight, you see the whole corner going "oh, shit" except for that jackass who is going "yes, yes!" And then looks around, confused.

But the fact is the referee told him the guy was grounded, and, in that grounded position, he meant to knee him in the head. The fight had turned, at that point, and it looked like Yan was going to win it going away, but at that exact point, up until then, the fight was even. If Sterling finds a second wind or reaches inside and finds guts he didn't know he had (doubtful, but nothing is impossible), it's not like he couldn't have put the final outcome in doubt.

Some dumbasses actually think he intentionally broke the rules. The reality is that he broke the rules unintentionally. Retards think he would just throw away performance like that because he got "emotional". Even tho we all know how stoic he is like he got no feelings whatsoever.

I think it's Sterling fanboys that have been riding him hard for a while, then watching the fight and realizing that Yan is on a completely different level, grappling and striking. I bet they were ready to eat that humble pie, but now they will act like Sterling deserves the belt and that he's the champion and that Yan is a really evil man or something and that no matter if he knew that it was illegal or not, that he would knee sterling like that only to hurt him and cheat. Big lol and shows me that they are very delusional.

imo just make it a NC and do the rematch in 2-3 months. This is not how you crown a champion, and the fact that he milked it big time as soon as he heard the ref whisper to the doctor, makes my blood boil. Fake ass paper champ, and trust me, he will do whatever he can to avoid the rematch. He will probably get stripped like GDR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back