Sterling just became Bantamweight's number one enemy

Misanthropist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I despise Sterling because of his unbearable attitude but after the fight and skimming through his twitter profile just made me despise him even more. The rematch has to be booked asap so we don't have suffer from this.

The man has the audacity to call the fight "close" and "competitive".

Celebrated it like he deserved it while showing his clean face after getting knee'ed, concussed or whatever. It can't get any more blatant than that.

https://twitter.com/PetrYanUFC/status/1368515701665787908

And he is already ducking Yan. That alone should tell you everything about him.

I can't believe I have to side with Cejudo.

Last edited:
I'm a big Aljo fan, and yes he was acting.
But wouldn't you? If you had a win bonus that could give your family what they want and need, a title on the line to cash higher cheques, your name etched in history as a UFC champ.

If you have the chance to get all this cause your opponent was an idiot, would you not do the exact same thing?

Albeit, he should have laid low on the whole "I'm a champ thing" after throwing the belt on the ground

I don't blame Aljo because that was his only way of winning that fight. Lionheart should've done the same against Jones.

The fight was competitive by any meaningful definition. At the time of the stoppage, two judges had it 29-28 Yan and one judge had it 29-28 Sterling.

Did it look like Aljo gassed himself out and Yan was going to take over? Absolutely, but we can't know for certain what would have happened.

Of course they should rematch these two asap and there is no other fight that makes sense.

You guys are really sensitive. They're going to re-match, so calm your tits. Also, that fight was competitive, unless of course you only watched the last 1.5 rounds where Yan started to pull away with it.

I despise Sterling because of his unbearable attitude but after the fight and skimming through his twitter profile just made me despise him even more. The rematch has to be booked asap so we don't have suffer from this.

The man has the audacity to call the fight "close" and "competitive".

Celebrated it like he deserved it while showing his clean face after getting knee'ed, concussed or whatever. It can't get any more blatant than that.

https://twitter.com/PetrYanUFC/status/1368515701665787908

And he is already ducking Yan. That alone should tell you everything about him.

I can't believe I have to side with Cejudo.

Not another thread about this... It honestly saddens me to see how many people point fingers at Aljo. He got rocked by an illegal knee, fight was over. If the knee was legal, fight would have been stopped as well. So he is the righteous champ and can do whatever he wants.

Also, 95% of the fighters that get KO'd, go home and are fine after a quick hospitalization. Stop making such a deal of this and learn to blame the right persons

Henry with his tweet lol. But in all honesty Henry vs Yan is a bettee fight than Aljo vs Yan rematch right now

DQ is justified. Sterling had every right to make the DQ happen.

What he should've done was vacate the belt during post match interview and challenge Yan for a rematch. Would've looked good on him.

Fighter takes money from UFC. I'm ok with that.

Sterling is the champ. He won the fight fair and square, and now it's time to move on.

Yan wasn't even really the champ anyway. He got given the belt for beating an out of prime Aldo who was coming off two losses and didn't even have any wins at BW. Does that sound like a rightful champ to you?

Looking forward to Sterling defending the belt against Henry next. Perhaps Yan can go and get a win against a few top BWs. He needs a few of those to get back into title contention. Let's not forget his best win is against Jimmie Rivera.

It was close and competitive, yes yan was taking over and possibly would have gone on to win by a round or two at best but we will never know because he illegally kneed a downed opponent like a retard.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Sterling beats him in the rematch. He just needs to tighten his game up a bit, less wasteful attacks and no setup takedowns and he he can definitely win.

You guys are really sensitive. They're going to re-match, so calm your tits. Also, that fight was competitive, unless of course you only watched the last 1.5 rounds where Yan started to pull away with it.
yan literally dropped him in the first round this fight was never competitive
almost everything sterling threw was getting blocked by yan

Since most people already think he was faking it, Aljo's best play here is to go full-on Ric Flair and turn heel, saying something like "What if I did milk the foul, so what, who has the belt now bitch?" he would be the biggest heel in the UFC since Colby and it would fuel a lot of interest in a rematch, or in seeing other people try to take the belt off him. It's Aljo's best career move tbh, he has long struggled with generating interest in himself as a fighter, going full WWE is the way now, except unlike with Colby this is real and organic and writes itself.

Back