How would Izzy do in LHW if he gained more weight & trained BJJ intensely with Werdum for 6 months?

Not really well considering Werdum would be more focused on teaching him a trollface

Not sure 6 months with Werdum would have made a difference last weekend, plus it may have gotten his striking worse if he focused on bjj so much. About gaining weight, it depends if he can add weight well, most likely MW is his optimal weight.

I feel like Izzy's power wasn't enough. Not sure if it was just Jan or 205 in general but after this fight I wouldn't want to see Izzy at lhw again unless he put on a bit of strength and focused more on his power. Doubt training with Werdum would help any if we're talking about a time frame of a year or less

If he gains weight - he gets slower - and his striking gets worse
If he trains more BJJ - he trains less striking - and his striking gets worse
He then gets outstruck even more

Not sure if Werdum would like him

UglyNextEland-size_restricted.gif

Izzy is a good fighter, but he brought into his own hype. Jan isn’t spectacular, but he’s a big LHW with solid striking and big reach.

I was surprised how effective Jan’s jab was against Izzy. Israel has huge reach for a MW, but clearly isn’t used to not being able to strike safely from range.

And once the wrestling started, he struggled even more. Izzy learnt there’s a reason for weight classes. He needed to bulk up more, and learn to fight without a huge reach advantage.

If he puts on some size and give it some time to let his body get comfotable at the size, I think he could have a chance. Apart from the grappling, I also had the feeling that he couldn't really hurt Jan on the feet with his current frame.

He just doesn't have the bone density to be the best LHW

He'd still beat most guys up there but the real elites would always be an uphill battle

Back