What was your reaction to the illegal knee?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought it was awesome. I was glad that a guy abusing the knee or hand on the ground rule finally got kicked in the face. I remember when Jones started a fight like that and TRTor ran towards him with a soccer kick. He was totally gonna do it and Jones got up fast. They need to fix this rule but until then what should fighters do?

Right before he threw it I thought to myself "just don't throw illegal knee or something", and a second after he did I said "what a fucking moron"

jaSfbIJ.gif

I was shocked at how blatant it was, and just confused in general.

It wasn't a close call rules-wise, and Yan was clearly winning and turning the momentum of the fight at the time (even if two of the cards were extremely stupid...it's unlikely he knew that at the time or even suspected).

belt.jpg

not sure why they interview a fighter after a fight where it was rule a disqualification when Sterling claimed he couldn't continue.. then the theatrics.. him leaving the belt in the cage.. apparently now he believes he is the champ I guess lol

Pride rules please. Soccer kicks, stomps instead of acting like a turtle on the ground. UFC needs to enter new age.

I agree. Might Mouse recently on twitter talked about how fighters bait other fighters in those stalling positions and basically use it to avoid harm..How the rules need to change.

I hate how people use the downed fighter rule to stall and as a cheap way to avoid damage. Knees on the ground should be 100% legal. That being said the rule is clear and that was an incredibly dumb move by someone that was winning the fight.

Couldn’t fucking believe it. Yan was comfortably ahead on my card. He could have cruised to an easy decision from that point.

But, I’m glad he got DQd. There are rules for a reason. The ref should have called it much sooner, too. To expect a fighter to carry on in that situation is just wrong. Even if the fighter wants to keep fighting. Just call it, and do a rematch. As much as I hate rematches, that is a situation where it’s warranted.

I thought it was awesome. I was glad that a guy abusing the knee or hand on the ground rule finally got kicked in the face. I remember when Jones started a fight like that and TRTor ran towards him with a soccer kick. He was totally gonna do it and Jones got up fast. They need to fix this rule but until then what should fighters do?
giphy.gif

Yan bet against himself in the 4rh rd.

Back