Adesanya Was the Bigger Man and Got Beat By the Smaller Man Due to Being a One-Tool Fighter

UFCIsNOTRigged

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adesanya apologists are excusing his loss to Blachowicz by pointing to a supposed size discrepancy that is not actually based in reality

Adesanya weighed in at 200.5 and was easily sub 10% body fat, he is 6'4 and has an 80 inch reach.

Blachowicz weighed in at 205, looked to be around 12-14% body fat, he is 6'2 and has a 78 inch reach.

Yes Blachowicz rehydrated so he added fifteen pounds of water weight/fat, but Adesanya no matter how you slice it was actually the man with more lean muscle, the taller man, and the man with the greater reach.

What his apologists actually mean is Blachowicz was close enough in size to Adesanya that his technical advantage in striking was not enough to overcome the non-existent grappling skills. Adesanya is used to bullying smaller guys (Gastelum, Whitaker), or old guys (Yoel) that lack his god given physical gifts.

Why is it so hard for some to admit the one tool fighter got beat by the more well rounded fighter?

israel-adesanya-of-nigeria-punches-jan-blachowicz-of-poland-in-their-picture-id1305747940

Uhhhhh I like Jan, but if he was a 185er he could definitely lose to Izzy fairly easily

And lol if you think Jan only gained 15 lbs after weigh ins

Its not as simple as that, not everyone is built the same, Jan is much thicker then Israel, way bigger bone structure, Israel is what you'd call an ectomorph, skinny bone structure, thin waist etc and Jan is the opposite, i mean compare the size of their legs for example, also didnt seem like more then an inch between their heights either

Uhhhhh I like Jan, but if he was a 185er he could definitely lose to Izzy fairly easily

Nah, He’s a strong dude .. and he’d be a strong dude at 205 or 185 ... maybe a little quicker at 185 ... either way Izzy ain’t stuffing a takedown

Adesanya is not as well rounded as Jan and that is why he lost.

They can makes excuses about size, strength, ect

Simply put, Adesanya is a mediocre grappler and clinch fighter and that's a big reason why he lost.

Nah, He’s a strong dude .. and he’d be a strong dude at 205 or 185 ... maybe a little quicker at 185 ... either way Izzy ain’t stuffing a takedown
Ah the Izzy has no TD narrative

Yeah, ask Brunson why he went 0 for 7 against Izzy

Yeah Jan being a 185’er would totally compensate for Izzy being a white belt.

<mma4>

Its not as simple as that, not everyone is built the same, Jan is much thicker then Israel, way bigger bone structure, Israel is what you'd call an ectomorph, skinny bone structure, thin waist etc and Jan is the opposite, i mean compare the size of their legs for example, also didnt seem like more then an inch between their heights either

Man I remember back in the day we used to call people an ecto as an insult. Now all you hear is people calling others a simp or a cuck and weird shit like that.

If your theory is spot on then Jan should drop down to 185 and seek to add that MW belt to his collection, right...?
<{cruzshake}>{<BJPeen}

Brunson is a mediocre wrestler.

To make matters worse he's an even worse striker.

When your only option of offense is using your wrestling, and you have no striking to compliment it, your gameplan becomes incredibly obvious and much easier to negate, which is exactly what happened.

I like how we are taking on commentators narrative and pretending that Jan wasn't the faster, more precise striker in this fight.

Adesanya is a one dimension fighter obviously but nobody really was able to take advantage of it except for vettori which won against him too

Lol...

Unless you’re fucking blind, you can clearly see the ginormous frame difference between Jan and Israel.

Adesanya clearly has more lean muscle, look at them on the scale, you don't gain muscle back when you rehydrate you just add extra weight.

I don't even understand how you can dispute this. Adesanya at sub 10% body fat weighed in at 200.5.

Jan weighed in at 205 at between 12-14% body fat.

Adesanya carries more lean muscle. period.

Jan cuts to LHW, Izzy walked in under 205. But Izzy's the bigger man.

he lost, Jan was more well rounded, he won. He was bigger, stronger, better wrestler and mixed martial artist.

Jan was better. Israel wanted the fight and I haven't heard him (as of yet) making excuses so I don't see why his fans should. He gave it go for glory, he lost.

Adesanya apologists are excusing his loss to Blachowicz by pointing to a supposed size discrepancy that is not actually based in reality

Adesanya weighed in at 200.5 and was easily sub 10% body fat, he is 6'4 and has an 80 inch reach.

Blachowicz weighed in at 205, looked to be around 12-14% body fat, he is 6'2 and has a 78 inch reach.

Yes Blachowicz rehydrated so he added fifteen pounds of water weight/fat, but Adesanya no matter how you slice it was actually the man with more lean muscle, the taller man, and the man with the greater reach.

What his apologists actually mean is Blachowicz was close enough in size to Adesanya that his technical advantage in striking was not enough to overcome the non-existent grappling skills. Adesanya is used to bullying smaller guys (Gastelum, Whitaker), or old guys (Yoel) that lack his god given physical gifts.

Why is it so hard for some to admit the one tool fighter got beat by the more well rounded fighter?

israel-adesanya-of-nigeria-punches-jan-blachowicz-of-poland-in-their-picture-id1305747940

Jan said himself he was 220lbs the morning of the fight and expected to be 227lbs by the evening, he also says he always weighs this much? Could you actually not see the fact that Jans Torso, legs and arms where nearly triple the size of Izzy's?

Izzy took a gamble staying underweight and it didnt pay off.

Brunson was just bumrushing Adesanya, he was not setting up his takedowns with punches as Jan did, and also was outmuscled by Adesanya who was strong enough to reverse position and clinch Brunson before TKOing him shortly thereafter.

Adesanya is not actually small, he says this because his weird anime fans are actually small so it helps them relate, he is a huge guy in reality.

Keep crying because Izzy beat your boy Costa

<{MingNope}>

Lol get out your feelings and be a man. I was rooting for Izzy against Jan, and I’ve been wearing it too. I had no idea Adesanyas ground game has remained stagnant since the Vetorri fight.

ANYONE who knows what they’re watching saw that Adesanyas ground game is terrible. He’s a prototypical striker crossover who’s solely developed one line of defense: the wall walk and a basic scramble. He had absolutely no substance off his back once position was stabilized and he was forced to grapple.

He kept his shoulders FLAT on the mat and was literally trying to bridge and buck Jan off of top half guard lol... that’s introductory level grappling.

<36>

Back