Media *GIFS Peter Yan = BW Fedor Upgraded Software 2.021

hbombfromhell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sure he comes from a different discipline, but his ice cold exterior, brutality, and stoic demeanor remind me of a young Fedor, along with being good with his hands and with grappling and wrestling scenarios, always tactical and in control unemotional, even though I think Yan is even more skilled, especially in terms of his striking.

BonyChillyBettong-size_restricted.gif

NaughtyThoseFirefly-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_pash3hpCET1rofocqo1_500.gifv

Last edited:
almost had me in agreement op im disappointed
<{cruzshake}>
With his hands? Of course. Higher level. Fedor was a great brawler but his boxing wasn't as tight.

His grappling and anti wrestling might be better as well. He's a natural born killer.

lbjZkhN.gif

HonestPartialBullmastiff-size_restricted.gif

lbjZkhN.gif

Last edited:
Fedor was a special fighter going 31-0 at heavyweight where one punch can change a career. Especially back in pride where everyone was on the juice except him. I don't think there will ever be a fighter as skilled as Fedor. He was undersized and dominated most his opponents. He did what Israel could not do for most of his fighting career.

Sure he comes from a different discipline, but his ice cold exterior, brutality, and stoic demeanor remind me of a young Fedor, along with being good with his hands and with grappling and wrestling scenarios, always tactical and in control unemotional, even though I think Yan is even more skilled, especially in terms of his boxing.

No.

Talk to me when he has like 15 ko's, 15 subs and like 25 first round finishes please.
Even if we were to pretend it wasn't harder to beat #1 contenders in one of the best divisions in MMA in 2021, I think Yan will go on a hell of a run.

It's very possible he's on top of the game for a long time.

I'm just assessing his skillset right now, there's no way to tell his longevity considering even an injury can derail somebody.

Wow Yan's stats are incredible.
Absolutely, he’s very good. I’m a fan, except for his shitty personality.
As you can see from the striking stats though, he’s not particularly better than Fedor. He’s more of a volume striker so he lands more per minute, but also absorbs almost quadruple the amount of strikes that Fedor has over a 21 year career. Accuracy is essentially a wash at 52% and 51% respectively.

Absolutely, he’s very good. I’m a fan, except for his shitty personality.
As you can see from the striking stats though, he’s not particularly better than Fedor. He’s more of a volume striker so he lands more per minute, but also absorbs almost quadruple the amount of strikes that Fedor has over a 21 year career. Accuracy is essentially a wash at 52% and 51% respectively.
Yan is landing more and receiving more is expected because BW fighters are faster, have better cardio and fight at a faster pace with more volume in general. Also Yan has better takedown statistics.

Overall I read it has him topping Fedor, but that's subject to interpretation.

Yan is landing more and receiving more is expected because BW fighters are faster, have better cardio and fight at a faster pace with more volume in general. Also Yan has better takedown statistics.

Overall I read it has him topping Fedor, but that's subject to interpretation.
Not by much though. TD avg 2.0. To 2.14 is essentially the same. Accuracy at 66% and 63% is damn near the same. A more noticeable edge in TDD with a Yan at 90% (which is pretty amazing) to Fedor’s 82%. Overall they’re pretty damn close. A couple slight edges to Yan. Sub avg significantly favors Fedor though.

Not by much though. TD avg 2.0. To 2.14 is essentially the same. Accuracy at 66% and 63% is damn near the same. A more noticeable edge in TDD with a Yan at 90% (which is pretty amazing) to Fedor’s 82%. Overall they’re pretty damn close. A slight edges to Yan. Sub avg significantly favors Fedor though.
Yeah Fedor's sub game is a factor but I think it would be less relevant, his submission grappling in the BW UFC division in 2021 would be much less effective. The level of grappling and sub awareness has raised so high. Royce Gracie would have been controlled on the ground and methodically destroyed by Khabib for instance, so in that regard it's hard to compare era's.

Back