To beat Izzy, you just have to wrestlef*ck him

Stagliano

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't understand why his previous opponent didn't do that. Izzy made the transition to the UFC pretty late and I'm sure that the whole top 10 MW roster has a better grappling background than him.

I hate to say that kind of generic sentence, but Adesanya got clearly exposed tonight. He has a correct stand up but that's all.

Now that everybody saw how easy you can manhandle him, everybody will willingly do it. Izzy's reign days are running out.

Hmmm... perhaps it's easier said than done? Jan didn't get the takedowns until the 4th round. Maybe it's not just a matter of running out and shooting immediately? Casual.

"the best striker in MMA" was getting out struck. Look at the strikes landed. He was clearly not wrestle F'ed. Now Drew Dober was wrestle F'ed last night. Know the difference clown

You can't manhandle him easily. That's why it generally doesn't happen. It's not a coincidence.

Yeah Izzy was exposed. Get his ass off the P4P list because he's about to go on a losing streak.

Israel will not get manhandled by MW's. There's still nobody at MW who can match his reach advantage, and he fucks up everybody when he's got that advantage.

I don't understand why his previous opponent didn't do that. Izzy made the transition to the UFC pretty late and I'm sure that the whole top 10 MW roster has a better grappling background than him.

I hate to say that kind of generic sentence, but Adesanya got clearly exposed tonight. He has a correct stand up but that's all.

Now that everybody saw how easy you can manhandle him, everybody will willingly do it. Izzy's reign days are running out.
1. Not many good wrestlers at MW.
2. Israel has very good footwork - it's not easy to catch him in a TD attempt.
3. Israel has solid TDD for someone who started wrestling late.

It’s not easy to do. Jan was able to only because he earned respect with his hands. These MWs don’t have the reach to do that though so they can’t feint and then shoot like Jan did.

Jan didn't get a single takedown in the first three rounds but he still won two of them on every scorecard. Jan was just the better fighter, and once it went to the ground in the fourth Izzy had no way of dealing with his size and strength. I don't know if anyone at 185 has the size to easily control Izzy on the ground like that, Izzy has shown himself to be a decent defensive grappler at 185. That said, his opponents are definitely going to be wrestling a lot more in future. Roll on the Whittaker rematch imo, that's a fight I want to see.

Ehm.. Yan outstruck him and only wrestled the last 2 rounds..

Actually Jan beat him standing

"the best striker in MMA" was getting out struck. Look at the strikes landed. He was clearly not wrestle F'ed. Now Drew Dober was wrestle F'ed last night. Know the difference clown

You know fuck all.

Back