Media Adesanya: ''I was expecting a careless Jan''

Tevfik1907

Being P4P No.1 = GOAT Requirement
Banned
Reaction score

Time: 8:20
It suprised me too since in the Reyes fight, and in some of his other fights, Jan was indeed careless, I also mentioned this shortly before the fight;

Too reckless imo, it's still amazes me how Reyes couldn't counter his reckless punch combinations, it looks like we overrated Reyes too much after his Jon Jones fight, and Jones himself is also overrated as we see him in Gustafsson fight.

Adesanya is perfect for countering Jan's reckless punch combinations, and I think that's why they choose to fight with Jan only at Light heavyweight.

Jan's kicks are not bad, but I doubt that's going to work on someone like Adesanya or even Jon Jones.

All Jan needs to do, get into a clinch and tire Adesanya even if he can't take him down, if he doesn't do that, I will say his fight IQ is terrible.

And I think that's also why Adesanya choose this fight, because Reyes bout Jan would definitely lose to Adesanya imo, so obviously Adesanya thought the same, but he was wrong to think it was going to be the same Jan.

Jan made the necessary adjustments for this fight, which is why Jan deserved to win with the right strategy.

Glad to see Israels taking the loss in stride. Now lets see if Dana follows suit. Cause it was pretty clear he had a favorite horse in the race.

Izzy fought without much aggression last night and let Jan dictate the fight. He is handling the loss with a lot of class, which is nice to see though. Izzy had his chance last night and really just let Jan fight his fight.

I don’t think Jan expected Adesanyas ground game to be so pedestrian, he gave him too much respect early. I think he could’ve gotten the finish if he would’ve committed to takedowns earlier.

<mma4>

Jan fought composed and didn't rush. Izzy still had a good chance at a finish in the 3rd but Jan was able to get his head back n dominated after on ground.

I was surprised about that too and that's why I thought Izzy would win. Now early on, when Jan thought he was having any amount of success or had him trapped, he did get a little careless but when Izzy punished him for it he would hit the breaks, which btw, shows that Izzy has that power at 205 despite the naysayers.

Good on Jan for correcting himself before getting into too much trouble.

Maybe when izzy is ready, Jan can teach him the intricacies of high level fighting

That ground game did not look good. I don’t think he will ever fix those holes in his game seems like everyone including himself is blowing by the major ground game issue.

I think the Black Beast has a better BJJ game.

He tried to play Silva late in the game and paid for it...unable to muster from his back for the majority of the 4th was the final nail in a fight Jan had taken over already.

I don’t think Jan expected Adesanyas ground game to be so pedestrian, he gave him too much respect early. I think he could’ve gotten the finish if he would’ve committed to takedowns earlier.

<mma4>
Wasnt till Izzy rocked him in 3rd that Jan decided to tskr it to ground. I agree had he do r it earlier he getsca finish.

I like Izzy more after how he's taken this L.

Back