Why did the announce team go so against Yan?

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Talking about intentional/unintentional, of course he threw the knee on purpose, but did he throw the knee while understanding it to be illegal in that moment?
No way, nor was there any reason for him to. Yan was comfortably winning that fight and had aljo flopping around the octagon like a wet fish.

That being said, solid acting chops shown by Aljo. A+ player.

giphy.gif

Talking about intentional/unintentional, of course he threw the knee on purpose, but did he throw the knee while understanding it to be illegal in that moment?
No way, nor was there any reason for him to. Yan was comfortably winning that fight and had aljo flopping around the octagon like a wet fish.

giphy.gif
DC threw Khabib under the bus. Pretty sure he made that comment to him in confidence.

I don't think aljo was acting.

giphy.gif
Had it been the other way around, they would have defended Aljo-I have no doubt.

They probably meant hit him as in, punch him in the face. Not an illegal knee.

Yan should understand enough english to know the ref's commands. It was blatantly illegal and he had been told by the official even if he couldnt be bothered to learn the rules.

Sterling didnt deserve to win, but Yan definitely deserved to lose.

They probably meant hit him as in, punch him in the face. Not an illegal knee.

Yan should understand enough english to know the ref's commands. It was blatantly illegal and he had been told by the official even if he couldnt be bothered to learn the rules.

Sterling didnt deserve to win, but Yan definitely deserved to lose.
Yan posted a pretty reasonable explanation - that he was thinking about the hands and a downed opponent and simply wasn’t thinking about the knee on the ground. He didn’t excuse it, just explained what was (and wasn't) going through his head at the moment.

Deserved DQ for sure. Fighters don’t get to get passes on brainfarts like this.

Fighters that have been KTFO'd recovered far quicker than Sterling did last night.That knee hurt him no doubt but i think he was milking it some as well.Also Yan is a fucking dumbass for not knowing the rules.You're the champ for god's sake.Now the division is held up,we've got a rematch that everyone in the world knows how will it go on our hands

The champion apparently didn't know the rules of the sport. He kind of deserves to be thrown under the bus just for that

dq was fine but there is no doubt in my mind aljo played it up to extreme levels

DC threw Khabib under the bus. Pretty sure he made that comment to him in confidence.

I don't think aljo was acting.
the commentating was a big car wreck that night

Back