Serra-Longo champs

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
First you had Serra himself, in what we all know as the biggest fluke in MMA history.

mma_ufcupsets_10.jpg

Then you had The Chris with Anderson giving him the win on a silver platter by going full clown mode, only to follow it up by an even bigger fluke in the rematch.

mma_ufc162_23.jpg

And now you got Aljo, the dude was in panic mode the entire fight, then bitches out and takes the DQ win as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

1305742765.0.jpg

Wtf.

First you had Serra himself, in what we all know as the biggest fluke in MMA history.

mma_ufcupsets_10.jpg

Then you had The Chris with Anderson giving him the win on a silver platter by going full clown mode, only to follow it up by an even bigger fluke in the rematch.

mma_ufc162_23.jpg

And now you got Aljo, the dude was in panic mode the entire fight, then bitches out and takes the DQ win as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

1305742765.0.jpg

Wtf.

It's kinda wierd at first, but if you think twice about it' not really. GSP used to mix it up a lot more, and Serra finished him. Fair play. Weidman knocked out clowning Silva which he has done before in his fights. Fair play. Sterling took an easy way out is all after blatant illegal knee.

I don't think Serra beating GSP was a fluke, a huge upset yes but GSP thought the way to beat Serra was to stay away from the ground and strike with him because Serra was known for his BJJ at the time not his punching power. GSP's gameplan in the first fight greatly improved Serra's chance of winning cause Serra's gameplan was to keep it standing and try and KO GSP.

Prime Weidman is the worst match up Anderson had ever faced, his wrestling was on the same level as Sonnen's, his BJJ was amongst the best at MW, he has a similar height and reach, good boxing, and KO power on the feet and ground, he was a threat to finish the fight everywhere it went.

In the rematch Weidman had worked on checking kicks a lot since that was the only thing Anderson was successful at in the first fight, Anderson threw two really hard low kicks with no set up and Weidman checked both causing Anderson to break his own leg(rare that a leg break happens like that but IMO not a fluke, if you kick a much bigger bone hard multiple times something's going to give).

The only one of these that seems "flukish" to me was Yan deciding to throw a hard clearly illegal knee.

Not sure how Serra TKO'ing GSP was a fluke. He busted him upside the head with a shot that would've dropped anyone. No fluke. Silva clowning and getting clipped? No fluke. To me, Yair landing an upside down elbow with 2 seconds left in a fight that he was getting handily beaten...that's the closest thing to a fluke I've seen. Just my opinion though.

If you think about it, that's a lot of champs coming from one camp / island / peninsula.

Long Island ain't that long.

Hey their champs always pull off the impossible, gotta give them credit

Back