Does seeing Izzy's ground work make you respect Conor more?

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
After watching izzy look helpless vs a non wrestler in Jan do you now respect Conor's ground game more? He also moved up in weight and fought one of the best grapplers and held his own, stuffing takedowns, taking minimal damage for the entirety of round 1 and even winning a round by keeping it standing. He also reversed accomplished black belt nate diaz and fought off multiple sub attempts before getting caught.

No.... Conor just needs to fight. Israel's just needs to fight. There is not much comparison.

Size difference here was obvious.

Not really apples to apples comparison.

Conor goes up and fights a heavy set dude like Gilbert Burns. Same shit would happen.
Burns is a grappler though and two classes up. What striker is taking conor down and holding him there ? Everyone said izzy is made for LHW and fought up in kickboxing. Now he's too small?

Burns is a grappler though and two classes up. What striker is taking conor down and holding him there ?

Any one with 20plus pounds of muscle. Imagine Burns frame with medicore grappling. Your sleeping on Jan's wrestling. He's not a beginner wrestler.

It made me think I don't know why a huge 185er like Costa couldn't do the same thing to izzy. Costa royally choked.

Conor got knocked out brutally by Poirier who is not even known for KOs. AND he lost where he was supposed to dominate. And then he blamed leg kicks lol.

Seeing how Conor dominated on the feet in his prime makes me appreciate him more.
Izzy's supposed to be this amazing striker but even on his rise he's getting hit a lot.

This fight just proves how bad Jon Jones is too. The guy lost to Reyes who got smoked by Jan.

This fight basically proved to me how bad Conor and Jones are.

After watching izzy look helpless vs a non wrestler in Jan do you now respect Conor's ground game more? He also moved up in weight and fought one of the best grapplers and held his own, stuffing takedowns, taking minimal damage for the entirety of round 1 and even winning a round by keeping it standing. He also reversed accomplished black belt nate diaz and fought off multiple sub attempts before getting caught.
Mmm bullshit revisionist history again to make your boy sound better than he did..
Khabib kept it standing not Conor
He got starched .. move on dude.
tenor.gif
This is Conor 'holding his own"

Jan is a grappler .... Ts always sucks .... so no shock

He should stick to playing video games. He will never have success in the fight game.

Back