Adesanya had Jan hurt and overall did great

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The step was a little too high but i think he did very good handling the Polish power and even rocking him at some point during the fight.

Jan said Adesanya hit harder than he thought and i remember the moment during the fight he felt that.

Impressed by his performance even though when it hit the ground the weight difference and Jan's experience were obviously against him.

I think it was a great fight

Last edited:
It was a bad fight from both fighters. Both of their stocks fell imo. Jan "200IQ" Blachowitz realizes he could use his weight advantage against the smaller opponent after three rounds? WHO WOULDVE FUCKEN THOUGHT lmao. They should've both lost.

I thought Izzy lost in one of the worst ways possible - being outstruck at range by the slower fighter.

The selling point for Izzy is that he was leagues about everyone in the UFC in terms of striking, and since Jan has lost to guys like Santos, it was about power vs technique.

Then Izzy goes out there, gets all his kicks checked, outstruck at range, and then taken down and controlled by Jan. No lucky KO, and Jan won rounds 1-3 without taking him down or really using his weight advantage in a significant way.

I don't remember 1 occasion in which Izzy hurt Jan, while at the same time Jan stunned slightly Izzy about 5-6 times.

Izzy was outclassed. Deal with it. Did I think Adesanya will 90% win? Yes. But Jan showed he is no can and that he is more well-rounded martial artist than Izzy.

It was a bad fight from both fighters. Both of their stocks fell imo. Jan "200IQ" Blachowitz realizes he could use his weight advantage against the smaller opponent after three rounds? WHO WOULDVE FUCKEN THOUGHT lmao. They should've both lost.
He specifically said he wasn't trying to take Izzy down while Izzy was still fresh and fast, because it would have been a waste of energy. Try watching fights as a whole, not just pick moments you liked or you thought should have been done sooner without the prep work done, and think those tactics would have worked at any point of the fight. Izzy is fast on the feet and was moving well most of the fight, it would have been super stupid from Jan to wear himself out trying to take him down early, especially since he was landing hard shots in the standup exchanges.

He specifically said he wasn't trying to take Izzy down while Izzy was still fresh and fast, because it would have been a waste of energy. Try watching fights as a whole, not just pick moments you liked or you thought should have been done sooner without the prep work done, and think those tactics would have worked at any point of the fight. Izzy is fast on the feet and was moving well most of the fight, it would have been super stupid from Jan to wear himself out trying to take him down early, especially since he was landing hard shots in the standup exchanges.
I obviously am not a professional fighter but as I am allowed to have an opinion I will post it. I see where you're coming from but isn't it the perfect recipe to slow Izzy down by having him carry your weight while at the same time not running the risk of getting tagged by his superior technical striking? It seemed like a no-brainer for me, idk

I don't remember 1 occasion in which Izzy hurt Jan, while at the same time Jan stunned slightly Izzy about 5-6 times.

Izzy was outclassed. Deal with it. Did I think Adesanya will 90% win? Yes. But Jan showed he is no can and that he is more well-rounded martial artist than Izzy.

Dude... Rogan told me Jan was hurt by all the feints.

I obviously am not a professional fighter but as I am allowed to have an opinion I will post it. I see where you're coming from but isn't it the perfect recipe to slow Izzy down by having him carry your weight while at the same time not running the risk of getting tagged by his superior technical striking? It seemed like a no-brainer for me, idk
Normally yes, but Jan was definitely having success on the feet. His style seem to be very awkward and deceptively fast, but he was definitely landing. I guess it's one of those things where fighters have to rely on their feeling of the fight, seems Izzy was almost always able to stay out of takedown range (effective range anyway, because he positions himself well when someone goes for him so it's much harder for fighters to take him down), but once he slowed down a bit it was easier to get him down, and it also might have been in part because he kinda got used to 3 rounds of striking.

Still, I enjoyed the fight very much and Izzy definitely has a good chin. Granted, he does move a lot and much like Shevchenko he's hardly ever planted and he jumps around so he definitely absorbs those punches and rolls with them better than most heavier guys, but even the clean shots he took well.

The step was a little too high but i think he did very good handling the Polish power and even rocking him at some point during the fight.

Jan said Adesanya hit harder than he thought and i remember the moment during the fight he felt that.

Impressed by his performance even though when it hit the ground the weight difference and Jan's experience were obviously against him.

participationawardpin1_1200x1200.jpg

Yes, good job Izzy!....you kinda impressed some internet fans who were rooting for you from the start!

You sound like a really great fun guy

Terrible LHW debut for Izzy and pretty much kills and Bones talk. He would get anniihilated.

Back