Anyone else hates looking at Domicks boxing?

There's a reason Cody handled his ass no matter how much people wanna play History Revision and downplay the win, his Boxing in terms of striking has never been the best, it's his Boxing Footwork that gives people the fits. Cody shut him down every time and showed him what happens when you combine good Footwork with good Hands.

There's a reason Cody handled his ass no matter how much people wanna play History Revision and downplay the win, his Boxing in terms of striking has never been the best, it's his Boxing Footwork that gives people the fits. Cody shut him down every time and showed him what happens when you combine good Footwork with good Hands.

yeah its the only part of his game that I dislike looking at since he is so good at footwork, cardio, fight IQ and wrestling/grappling but his boxing just sucks.

I've always enjoyed his style but he relies solely on being super defensive and it's not a style that is easy on the body, now that he's a bit older he doesn't have much else to fall back on and his style doesn't allow for generating power shots.

Cody got KO’d 3 times in a row with those good footwork and good hands

He doesn't have tons of power, so he instead opts to land more frequently instead of looking for a KO.

His style has kept him top level his entire career. And it worked for him tonight.

I take it you haven't seen Cruz fight a lot?

He doesn't have tons of power, so he instead opts to land more frequently instead of looking for a KO.

His style has kept him top level his entire career. And it worked for him tonight.

I take it you haven't seen Cruz fight a lot?

Yes I have and I have never liked his boxing. Have talked about it before as well. I would just think someone with the years he has training MMA could improve his boxing and not throw arm punches as much as he does. Throw some power shots.

I dont like it. Seems to me his punches are more like arm punches and its just so weird. Doesnt look like he uses his body to punch but with his arms. Looks like windmills arm punches.

He catches people early with it until they realise to just keep a high guard and wear it on the arms. He needs to throw straighter later in the fight and he would have done so much better. I kinda hope Dom goes out on that win. he should have left after the TJ title fight. It was enough of a comeback story and he would have been remebered as one of the great in his division.

Cruz has good boxing but it pretty much makes it impossible to sit on his punches
He has exceptional footwork and head movement and evasive defense.

I can’t agree with “good boxing” when the punches are horrible.

Dom has very effective mma striking, and he does a lot of that with a Mixture including many boxing techniques, but his punching technique was Terrible tonight.

He uses some techniques that you don’t see too often in MMA; his dart punch when he does it well is actually quite awesome and I love the crouch pop moves that he took from Willie Pep.

It’s actually too bad because if he did throw punches that were more technically sound it would make all the other stuff he does that much more effective.

Last edited:
who the fuck did dom call out after the fight???

Back