yadong 28-27

I had it that way but figured the judges would give Phillips rd 2 for the takedown. That's often the way MMA is scored. I had yadong winning the striking in rd 2 and then took 3.

I had it that way but figured the judges would give Phillips rd 2 for the takedown. That's often the way MMA is scored. I had yadong winning the striking in rd 2 and then took 3.

Sadly takedowns are overrated when no damage comes with it, yet controlling and walking down on the feet is pretty much worthless scoring wise. Wish scoring wasn't so subjective.

Reactions: egk
Sadly takedowns are overrated when no damage comes with it, yet controlling and walking down on the feet is pretty much worthless scoring wise. Wish scoring wasn't so subjective.

I agree with you. That's why I never bother to score fights. I always think about what the judges are seeing and they often go with do-nothing takedowns. I end up scoring based on how I think the judges will score it so it's a waste of time.

I agree with you. That's why I never bother to score fights. I always think about what the judges are seeing and they often go with do-nothing takedowns. I end up scoring based on how I think the judges will score it so it's a waste of time.

I do however understand why the judges are all over the place. The way the scoring is written makes it very subjective, all it does it gives an order in which things should be considered and lacks a weight. Its like saying in american football touchdowns are worth the most, then field goals and conversions but not assigning a point value to those things leaving up to a judge to if 2 conversions are greater than a touchdown meaning it isn't the same every game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back