• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 546119

Deaflympics

16px-Gold_medal_icon_%28G_initial%29.svg.png
2017 Samsun – 61 kg

c21Z_R3aayo.jpg

The deaf Olympics that is. Joe B has a win over a Olympic gold medalist, but can he beat a deaf Olympic gold medalist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, so no crowd noise will be no change for him.

Did not know dude was deaf.

olympics in wrestling for deaf people? why the fuck is that even necessary lol

I give him big props for fighting with a disability. Corner advice is huge in fights. So not having that tool makes things way harder for him.

<mma4>

I rarely root for those Dagestani guys
but hespect

olympics in wrestling for deaf people? why the fuck is that even necessary lol

I don't know if coaching is as important in wrestling as it is in BJJ, but it's a pretty big disadvantage if only your opponent hears his team and you can't even get what they are saying to him.

I don't know if coaching is as important in wrestling as it is in BJJ, but it's a pretty big disadvantage if only your opponent hears his team and you can't even get what they are saying to him.

sure I can definitely see that

Askarov could have probably knocked Joey out. Every time he landed he was hurting him tbh.

Interesting, so no crowd noise will be no change for him.

Did not know dude was deaf.

they've mentioned on broadcasts before about that, and about how he doesn't really get instructions from his corner during the rounds because he can't really hear any of it.

Kind of amazing that he just goes out and does his own thing, with no aide from anyone else. I know its the fighters in there themselves and they have to do stuff, but, cornermen are very underrated in this sport. Having a team who can see everything and provide the insight you need during the round can be the difference between a win and a loss.

so props to Askar for making it work without one, just goes to show how skilled he really is.

Back