Herb Dean is NOT the best in the business.

Good stoppage, Herb just forgot to wave his arms that it was over. Nice throwing of mouthpiece though .

The only thing that made that stoppage weird was France's decision to call the fight himself, I mean he was right about it but he was pretty close to prematurely claiming victory like Silva did against Bisping. Let the ref stop it unless the dude is out cold.

Absolutely. He was much better in the 2000s but all that weed has really addled his brain. Totally indecisive and has been responsible for some of the latest, most needlessly excessive stoppages in UFC history. But he'll be kept around because he has connections, including UFC connections since they pay him to help ensure their cash cows are given the best chance of winning.

nobody ever said he was. Big John was the best in the business.

The only thing that made that stoppage weird was France's decision to call the fight himself, I mean he was right about it but he was pretty close to prematurely claiming victory like Silva did against Bisping. Let the ref stop it unless they dude is out cold.
Wasn't that fight reffed by Herb too? Only difference is they let Bisping continue with time to recover and he the decision was bad as well. One of the most embarrassing fights ever as a MMA fan

That was weird but good stoppage IMHO
I think it’s the fact he didn’t actually wave his hands as they normally do. Otherwise it was absolutely a fine stoppage

I've been pretty outspoken about how bad herb is and has been for the last decade.

He seemed to jump in on time but forgot to wave it off

Wasn't that fight reffed by Herb too? Only difference is they let Bisping continue with time to recover and he the decision was bad as well. One of the most embarrassing fights ever as a MMA fan

I forget who refed it but I blame Silva more than the ref for the confusion, no fighter should call the fight on their terms unless it's clear with all doubt that your opponent is out cold. Puts any ref in a tough spot when the guy who got battered gets right up.

At least in this case, France's opponent was falling over and face planting and was clearly not fit to keep taking shots.

I think it’s the fact he didn’t actually wave his hands as they normally do. Otherwise it was absolutely a fine stoppage
Yea he didnt but Bontorin was rushing somwhere on all four and Herb was stopping him. I dont know what are people bitching about..

Not even.
Hit behind the ear and lost balance.

That could have went 3 rounds.

That punch was flying straight to face but Bontorin did that weird movement and it may ended right in the ear Im not sure tho.

Dana White has 100% said he's the best in the business several times.
That's because Big John ended up working for the competition in Bellator. So Dana being the salty spiteful goof that he is just had to slander a ref who's been there since UFC 1 of all things and denigrate him by ellevating the next best/most well known Ref in Herb.

Back