Can alcohol be a legit PED? Could it calm UFC nerves/make fighters more courageous/better?

Shoden

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So yesterday I was playing COD and was doing horrible, then I drank like 1/4 of a tall can.........and I owned, I felt more focused, etc.

and it made me think, what if fighters drank before fights........I'm talking about just a bit, not a shitload of beer/shots.....Would some of them become better fighters? Specially the fighters who get nerves.

I know people say Fedor use to take like 1 or 2 vodka shots before PRIDE fights.

IDK sherbros, if I was a UFC fighter, I would start experimenting in sparring to see if some alcohol enhances fighting ability.

As long as they don't take it too far

tenor.gif

So yesterday I was playing COD and was doing horrible, then I drank like 1/4 of a tall can.........and I owned, I felt more focused, etc.

and it made me think, what if fighters drank before fights........I'm talking about just a bit, not a shitload of beer/shots.....Would some of them become better fighters? Specially the fighters who get nerves.

I know people say Fedor use to take like 1 or 2 vodka shots before PRIDE fights.

IDK sherbros, if I was a UFC fighter, I would start experimenting in sparring to see if some alcohol enhances fighting ability.

my all time biggest score on cod was when i was liitle bit drunk. alcohol put you in the matrix i feel

Yeah slowed reaction time, disorientation, and balance problems are performance enhancers.
Playing Video games is like world class fighting too.
It is, reaction time is very important in video games just like in fighting.

Bro drinking a shot or a bit of beer doesn't slow down reaction time or create balance problems.

I could see a small amount of liquid courage helping certain fighters, as long as they don't cross that thin line between being able to make good decisions.

I wouldn't look too far into it though, it would probably hinder most rather than help.

They've done tests showing people have some cognitive benefits from small amounts of alcohol. There's a radiolab or hidden brain episode about it.

From personal experience, I have noticed a small increase in sharpness of mind during the really early stages of consumption. But then I instinctively seek out more to "enhance" this feeling, and three hours later I'm barfing out my insides in some friend's bathroom.

So people bash Izzy for arbitrary reasons whilst trying to find solace in Costa's stupidity

Posting in a troll thread, for shits and giggles.

Back