Rate Jan's fight IQ

axe'm silva

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
How do Sherbro's rate Jan's fight IQ. He's big and tough enough to try and get inside early to take this down to the mat. Standing outside, as everyone knows is a recipe for disaster against Izzy. Do it early while he's not slippery, wait and its too hard to take hold. Thoughts....

Super genius mensa level fight iq

How do Sherbro's rate Jan's fight IQ. He's big and tough enough to try and get inside early to take this down to the mat. Standing outside, as everyone knows is a recipe for disaster against Izzy. Do it early while he's not slippery, wait and its too hard to take hold. Thoughts....

Jan's a bigger better fighter. Izzy is a better striker, and better counter striker. I think Izzy can decision or catch him coming in, but Jan's super dangerous and he mostly loses to wrestling.

Depends on the real size difference and if Izzy can make Jan respect his power or if Izzy can hurt Jan too.

I honestly think Izzy picked this fight like how GSP picked Bisping and Conor picked Eddie. But Jan's a lot more dangerous fight than those two.

I don't think Jan's as dangerous as some people wanna make him out to be and I think Izzy can nullify that most probably.

I say this fight could go either way but leaning Israel.

Jan's a bigger better fighter. Izzy is a better striker, and better counter striker. I think Izzy can decision or catch him coming in, but Jan's super dangerous and he mostly loses to wrestling.

Depends on the real size difference and if Izzy can make Jan respect his power or if Izzy can hurt Jan too.

I honestly think Izzy picked this fight like how GSP picked Bisping and Conor picked Eddie. But Jan's a lot more dangerous fight than those two.

I don't think Jan's as dangerous as some people wanna make him out to be and I think Izzy can nullify that most probably.

I say this fight could go either way but leaning Israel.

Bisping was way more dangerous than Jan. He out struck Silva (and pretty much every other MW minus TRT Belfort and TRT Hendo) and Chael had trouble taking him down.

Jan's slow plodding style is tailor made for Izzy.

Jan's fight IQ is about 105. So quite average.

Bisping was way more dangerous than Jan. He out struck Silva (and pretty much every other MW minus TRT Belfrot and TRT Hendo) and Chael had trouble taking him down.

Jan's slow plodding style is tailor made for Izzy.

Lmfao. Bisping? No.

Lmfao. Bisping? No.

Uhhhh... yes. He was an absolute top striker at MW and had more than competent wrestling. Jan is being overrated due to recency bias and a hilariously weak division.

Uhhhh... yes. He was an absolute top striker at MW and had more than competent wrestling. Jan is being overrated due to recency bias and a hilariously weak division.
I don't think they are overrating him at all, I think more people are actually underestimating him. Jan is a serious threat. In the face-offs it's clear he's the bigger fighter, you can easily see it in their body frame. Jan has bigger shoulders, chest, back, torso, arms, etc than Adesnaya. All Adesanya has is a slight height advantage, but physically Jan has all the advantages. Adesanya will need to use his speed, avoid the clinch/takedowns, and avoid getting clipped by Jan's LHW one punch KO power. They both have paths to vitory, but the people dismissing Jan like he is an easy fight may be surprised with how the fight plays out. I'm sure it's the same people surprised by the Reyes fight outcome.

Personally I'm expecting a war, either fighter can win and I feel conditioning is going to be a major factor if there isn't a quick finish. I'm expecting a fight similar to the Gastelum fight.

Maybe 7/10? I don't think his fight IQ is anything special.

I don't think they are overrating him at all, I think more people are actually underestimating him. Jan is a serious threat. In the face-offs it's clear he's the bigger fighter, you can easily see it in their body frame. Jan has bigger shoulders, chest, back, torso, arms, etc than Adesnaya. All Adesanya has is a slight height advantage, but physically Jan has all the advantages. Adesanya will need to use his speed, avoid the clinch/takedowns, and avoid getting clipped by Jan's LHW one punch KO power. They both have paths to vitory, but the people dismissing Jan like he is an easy fight may be surprised with how the fight plays out. I'm sure it's the same people surprised by the Reyes fight outcome.

Jan just went to a split decision with 40 year old Jacare who moved up to LHW. We aren't underestimating him. Does Jan have good wrestling or something? I remember him getting pushed and held against the cage by lanky Rockhold who just moved up.

Jan just went to a split decision with 40 year old Jacare who moved up to LHW. We aren't underestimating him. Does Jan have good takedowns or something? I remember him getting bullied against the cage by lanky Rockhold who just moved up.
I'm going by his more recent performances, I'm judging the Reyes fight mostly because Adesanya is primarily a striker. His fights vs wrestling/grappling based fighters is not the fights I focus on to assess the possible outcomes vs Adesanya. Plus styles makes fights. Jacare fights nothing like Adesanya. Different threats and you would fight these fighters differently.

I'm going by his more recent performances, I'm judging the Reyes and Rockhold fights.

Watch the first round of the Rockhold fight. IIRC Rockhold who just moved up easily pushed Jan against the cage and held him there for 5 minutes.

Also, the Jacare fight is more recent than that.

Like most of his fight game, I think it’s underrated, and I think this fight will show that.

Back