Conor quote is very important in Jan vs Israel fight - Precision beats power and timing beats speed.

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Precision beats power and timing beats speed.

Precision beats power, so if Adesanya will have that precision, he will KO Jan.

Timing beats speed, so if Jan will have that timing, he will catch and KO Israel.

Another Quote that I think is very appropriate and fitting is from the great Mike Tyson "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

Izzy can use his elusive and very good footwork to keep it at range, pick him apart with Leg Kicks, side kicks, push kicks, and question mark kicks but once Jan lands once which I think he can and will, Adesanya will hit his Bike HARD until he gets chased down and TKO'ed. Adesanya has to fight this fight perfect, Jan only needs to land the perfect punch.

I saw Jan padwork on Embedeed. He is sharp and fast. Kinda gave me hope.

Mystic mac no longer exist, prepare for the opposite of whatever he says

It's one of those sayings that isn't always accurate.

Think of the black beast. In most of his fights, power beats precision, although it is coupled with pretty good timing.

I agree with the poster above, Jan just needs that one power punch to land to make Adesanya start to worry about another one landing, and throw off his game. He is a master at his craft though, which will definitely make it interesting.

Precision beats power <TheWire1>

vokov.jpg

UniformSmallGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

In a single exchange yes, but beating someone to the punch doesn't mean you win the fight. Maybe you win a lot of the exchanges and get slept or outgrappled anyway

well Conor had the precision and Timing advantage over Aldo and Aldo the speed and power. In this case Jan only has the power (maybe). It's not impossible that Israel hits harder than Jan.

Precision beats power and timing beats speed.

Precision beats power, so if Adesanya will have that precision, he will KO Jan.

Timing beats speed, so if Jan will have that timing, he will catch and KO Israel.
Yeah, except you need ko power to ko someone so I highly doubt izzy will knock him out cold even if he connects

well Conor had the precision and Timing advantage over Aldo and Aldo the speed and power. In this case Jan only has the power (maybe). It's not impossible that Israel hits harder than Jan.
I'm not about to volunteer to get punched by both guys to get a fair comparison, but I think it's very unlikely Izzy hits harder

I'm not about to volunteer to get punched by both guys to get a fair comparison, but I think it's very unlikely Izzy hits harder
why? striking power is not always a direct match with overall strenght. I was training KB and my instructor, weighting 15kg less than me and doing not even half of my marks in DL or Squats would punch and kick harder than me.

It's a cute line, but it doesn't always work.

Back