Prediction: Adesanya va Blachowicz is going to be a boring snoozefest

TRT Champion

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This fight will be like a replay of Adesanya vs Romero.
With too much on the line, both guys will be hesitant to engage and Blachowicz will win a super boring UD.
This is my prediction. Post yours.

Nah.

maybe round 1

Jan will get after it

Idk I don’t think jan is the type to stand back happy to get kicked in the leg. He knows at kicking range he will get eaten up and he isn’t explosive like Romero so he’ll force the action more.

Hopefully

I also expect this. Izzy will be extremely conservative, while Jan will probably not be as dumb as Forest and run forward.

Hopefully not, I really want to see somebody fucked up tonight

Definitely a risk of Izzy Romero 2. Jan isn’t as wait around as Romero tho thankfully. But Izzy doesn’t do shit unless a guy is stupidly rushing him.

Little too Anderson Silva in that regard

Yup. Unless Izzy attacks first like he did in the Romero fight and gets KO'd. Or Jan gets impatient like in the Thiago Santos fight and gets caught the same way. I think the rest of the main card has pretty amazing fights. Especially Yan vs Sterling, I have absolutely no idea who will win that fight.

I doubt that. Jan will be the aggressor and moving forward. There will be action for sure.

I expect a boring fight too. Adesanya wanting to stay at range an a lot of backing up and lateral movement. Usually I don't care, but I'm glad this is happening in the Apex cage.

Edit: I got Izzy by decision.

For as long as Jan does not bullruch like he did with Santos. Or he may, but for the sake of it, hands back to chin, not to the waist.
I hope him and his coaches figured Adesanya out. That is one thing Poles are good at - creative thinking. Jan so far has shown us he can adapt. His team formes him plan A and plan B, maybe plan C.
Might be he has a new tool in his skillset. Oh ,I can't wait to see this fight. Wont be live, as it will be 5:am where i live and i finish work at 1 am.
Morning, coffee and hopefully still ... !!!

Jan has very slow fights when he tries to point fight. He can't try and point fight Izzy, unless he trained a wrestling game plan maybe.

Jan has very slow fights when he tries to point fight. He can't try and point fight Izzy, unless he trained a wrestling game plan maybe.

Why cant Jan outpoint Izzy?

Didn't Izzy lose two of the first four rounds in his last two fights that went to decision?

Izzy lost the first two rounds of his fight with Yoel on 2 scorecards, that sure does not sound like an expert point fighter.

Jans reach is also around 5 inches greater than Yoel so he can counter any kick Izzy throws easily, he won't have to rush in like Izzys last four opponents who all were at a huge reach deficit.

No way my expert eyes say it won’t reach round 5 maybe 4 middle

Yeah, expect Adesanya trying to keep the distance and run away and even if Blachowicz once is able to shorten the distance , he will probably push him against the fence for most of the fight like he did with jacare.

I hadn't thought of that, but it certainly seems possible. Man that would be a big letdown. Let's hope it doesn't happen that way!

Back