Prediction: Henry Cejudo will come back for the next 135lb title fight

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Henry is just itching to see how this fight plays out, and BW is shallow in terms of clear top contenders. Henry will fight for the title next I guarantee it.

the greatest combat athlete of all time
triple C bless
the greatest combat athlete of all time
triple C bless
He's better than Mighty Mouse? I'm not so sure.
ezgif.com-resize-76.gif

I wouldn't say he's better than MM. They are 1-1.
Cejudo won by closely outpointing MM to a decision. MM starched him in their first fight.

But anyways, MM plays video games for a living and fights on another planet now, and I do agree that Cejudo will probably come back and take the belt

BW is the deepest division and has plenty of contenders. The UFC cut bait as soon as Cejudo retired, they don't care about him like Khabib

My prediction is your prediction will be wrong. The winner of Sandhagen/Dillashaw is the next person fighting for the title

Henry Cejudo would have to come back to the negotiating table and hold off of his pie in the sky dreams of making Conor money. Would be great for the fans to see him back though.

Ideal scenario imo:

Yan / Sterling winner vs Cejudo

winner of that faces winner of Sandhagen / Dillashaw

Cejudo is like izzy, fun to watch when fighting but you stay away from anything that even resembles interviews, promos and social media posts.
I hope he comes back and takes the belt again.

I wouldn't say he's better than MM. They are 1-1.
Cejudo won by closely outpointing MM to a decision. MM starched him in their first fight.

But anyways, MM plays video games for a living and fights on another planet now, and I do agree that Cejudo will probably come back and take the belt

Lmfaoooo.

He didnt out point shit...DJ won that fight 4 rounds to 1 or 3 to 2 if your being generous...

That to me is still the worst judged fight in UFC history or the clearest example of corruption with in the UFC ..one or the other

Lmfaoooo.

He didnt out point shit...DJ won that fight 4 rounds to 1 or 3 to 2 if your being generous...

That to me is still the worst judged fight in UFC history or the clearest example of corruption with in the UFC ..one or the other
Lmao that was an easy 3-2 for Cejudo.

Would like to see Cejudo come back. He is an excellent fighter and would add some more excitement to an already strong group of high level fighters at 135.

Bahahaha. ..

Watch again noob , cejudo did nothing with his takedowns except for a brief moment in 1 round..

Other then that DJ controlled it and out struck and grappled Cejudo...

Stop swinging on them nuts its embarassing

Lmfaoooo.

Worst in history? There has to be something worse. Worst judging in a UFC title fight? Definitely the worst this side of Machida vs Shogun 1. Those judges should have to explain their scoring based on the criteria in the Unified Rules. Then that should be judged by 21 knowledgeable MMA experts like trainers, referees & retired fighters. A 2/3rds vote of non confidence and that judge has to go to a training course and be relegated to the minor leagues for a minimum of 1 year.

Lmfaoooo.

not even close. machida shogun1, after the first 2 rounds it was a wash. thereare2 different staticic sites out there, all have shogun piecing lyoto up.

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/e60e53bdc614a0af

https://en.superluchas.com/estadisticas-de-la-pelea-lyoto-machida-vs-shogun-rua/

Last edited:
Cejudo's retirement was an awful decision, as he was peaking, and now his momentums got to be waning.

It's funny because Frank Shamrock pulled the same thing (wasting some of his best years), and he looks just like the mini Frank.

Can you break that down round by round and justify the scoring based on the NEW Unified Rules that were in place at that time?

Rounds 1-3 DJ out struck Henry by a wide margin each round.
1 st rd 21-4, 2nd rd 30-19, 3rd rd 32-12. Henry only had 1 TD in those 3 rounds. He had 1:29 of "Control" in the 2nd. That does not make up for the striking differential.

The 4th and 5th were much closer in striking with an 18-22 and 20-23 margin respectively in favour of Henry. Henry had 2:14 of "Control" in the 4th and 0:46 in the 5th. Control that doesn't lead to much of a margin in striking or damage isn't worth a lot but if its close then it becomes the tie breaker. So I can see giving Henry the 4th and 5th.

What rounds did you give Henry and why?
*Note the Bold and Underlined re TDs

Scoring Criteria
PRIORITIZED CRITERIA: Effective Striking/Grappling
“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact. Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position. This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round.

Worst in history? There has to be something worse. Worst judging in a UFC title fight? Definitely the worst this side of Machida vs Shogun 1. Those judges should have to explain their scoring based on the criteria in the Unified Rules. Then that should be judged by 21 knowledgeable MMA experts like trainers, referees & retired fighters. A 2/3rds vote of non confidence and that judge has to go to a training course and be relegated to the minor leagues for a minimum of 1 year.

Would love to see a peer rated judges council...

Machida shogun was bad too ...but a much harder fight to score...imo also profile matters ..shogun vs machida was the bigger fight so people remember it more but watch dj vs cejudo 2 again and its clear as day

DJ vs Cejudo was much more easier to score if you kkow what the fuck ur looking at...

Can you break that down round by round and justify the scoring based on the NEW Unified Rules that were in place at that time?

Rounds 1-3 DJ out struck Henry by a wide margin each round.
1 st rd 21-4, 2nd rd 30-19, 3rd rd 32-12. Henry only had 1 TD in those 3 rounds. He had 1:29 of "Control" in the 2nd. That does not make up for the striking differential.

The 4th and 5th were much closer in striking with an 18-22 and 20-23 margin respectively in favour of Henry. Henry had 2:14 of "Control" in the 4th and 0:46 in the 5th. Control that doesn't lead to much of a margin in striking or damage isn't worth a lot but if its close then it becomes the tie breaker. So I can see giving Henry the 4th and 5th.

What rounds did you give Henry and why?
*Note the Bold and Underlined re TDs

Scoring Criteria
PRIORITIZED CRITERIA: Effective Striking/Grappling
“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact. Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position. This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round.

Thank you...great post
.i had it 1,2,3,5 DJ....but could see 1,2,3 dj and rest Cejudo if generous

Cejudo's retirement was an awful decision, as he was peaking, and now his momentums got to be waning.

It's funny because Frank Shamrock pulled the same thing (wasting some of his best years), and he looks just like the mini Frank.
cruz always looked like mini frank to me

Lmfaoooo.

lol @ a razor thin decision being "the worst judged fight in history". That fight was the definition of winning a razor-thin decision by outpointing your opponent

Dude you talk like a 12 year old playing Call of Duty. Stop calling people noob and calm the fuck down

Dana doesn’t want to be in the Henry Cejudo business

He is a flight risk
He wants more than they want to pay him
He doesn’t sell enough to justify the risk

Back