Would Glover be a stylistically tougher fight for Adesanya?

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Glover could work on him in grappling exchanges Izzy could get embarrassed

I'd say so. I consider Glover to be a much better fighter in general than Jan.

Striking wise, no. Glover is technically sound but very slow. It would depend on the grappling.. Glover is a good grappler and strong dude. If he gets a hold of Adesanya and takes him down, Izzy's in trouble.

I mean, it's impossible to say. I'm not sure if he beats Izzy, but the case might be more compelling. Glover is huge and is like the walking embodiment of old-man strength. I feel like if he manages eat the inevitable laser strikes from izzy shooting he can dog him out on the ground pretty easily

I was thinking about this the other day. Glover doesn't have the chin he used to, but I feel like his grappling has actually gotten better. Assuming it was always this good and he just uses it more now because his chin is failing him, to answer your question, yes. Prime Glover would be a nightmare matchup for Adesanya.

With the way fights have been getting cancelled on fight day, it could happen. Glover did weigh in as an alternate, didn't he?

No, Izzy can jab him once a round then evade for the rest of the round and still win the fight.

I think Glover is too slow and will eat a lot of shots failing to get Adesanya back to the fence

No, Izzy can jab him once a round then evade for the rest of the round and still win the fight.

I suspect he'd do more than that, it wasnt just grappling that made the Yoel fight slow it was Romeros potential to land fast big punches which Glover isnt close to.

I think Glover has better wrestling but that's it. For people who think Glover is a better grappler than Jan, I suggest you watch both of there fights with Krylov which were just 12 months apart. 1 of them was competitive with Krylov & the other was more dominant getting a submission.

Jan also has better kickboxing & chin. He has more submissions than KOs but lately he's been more fixated on his counter-punching. I think he could/should take Izzy down & own him.

He is just so slow and Izzy is so fast. It is possible, but that gap would be hard to overcome.

NO.

Glover would get lit up like a christmas tree on the feet, and he is slow and should be relatively easy for Izzy to defend takedowns.

dangerous if he gets it down, but it won’t be easy for Glover to get Izzy down.

Nope. Glover is even slower than Jan and a worse striker, and also less durable.

Both Jan and Glover would probably be successful grappling against Izzy due to their size advantage as well as being more credentialed grapplers than Izzy, so long as they can grab him and take him down. However there would be a larger gap in striking with Izzy/Glover compared to Izzy/Jan.

I think he would get starched before he could get him down

Glover is past his prime the sense stylistically yeah he can take a pounding and will not give up on the grappling

Back