Why Israel didn't hit Yoel's head is why Jan will win.

Ideanudge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Israel doesn't do well when people are either flurrying him or staying out of his range. It's when Gastelum had most success and only when that he got tired and stopped keeping out of Israel's range that he kept getting caught. Jan's patience and distance understanding is similar to Yoel's. He Doesn't get stuck inside the brawling range but is either flurrying or staying safely outside the reach, and he can keep this up thorough the fight. I also believe he also has the advantage in the very up-close dirty boxing range.

You gotta remember these short fuckers throwing hooks are fast as hell and both wrestling based, Jan is a big slow slugger

i agree yoel outboxed him the entire figth and a big part of it was by Izzy being afraid of Yoel s power

So you think the rangey Izzy should just ditch what he always does and fight in the phonebox with t-rex Romero throwing short hooks? This high level martial arts man, this aint juiced Wanderlei slugging it out with high paid judokas.

I think the fact that he has faced similar fighters to Jan in the past, is even more reason why I expect him to win. He's had this type of matchup before and obviously won, so I think he'll look even more improved now in this fight

Can Jan tackle Izzy? Not sure he can hold him down but if Izzy has to watch for TDs , then might hold back more on his striking. Izzy fights safe first baiting his opponents to attack. Izzy can pop in / out for periodic activity to look less evasive. Izzy on the feet will be frustrating for Jan. Jan power though could get lucky and land but he is not that fast. Jan is strong and favor him grappling if he could just get a hold of Izzy.

I wonder whos job it is to push the action this fight?
Yoel got crucified vs izzy because its the challengers job to push the action. Is israel the challenger in this fight?
If so I can't wait to shit on him if he kicks jans legs a few times to a UD.

Yoel and Jan couldn't be more different in the way they fight, brother.

I wonder whos job it is to push the action this fight?
Yoel got crucified vs izzy because its the challengers job to push the action. Is israel the challenger in this fight?
If so I can't wait to shit on him if he kicks jans legs a few times to a UD.
It's 55/45 to me. The challenger is in there to make the most of their opportunity and I feel it's their obligation to do so.

Izzy was terrified of Yoels power and his wrestling. He wont be as apprehensive with Jan. We will find how who that helps out more soon.

Jan runs forward with his chin straight up. He got stopped by santos that way and was still doing it in the reyes fight.
He needs to fight smarter than that else adesanya will lay him out

Jan runs forward with his chin straight up. He got stopped by santos that way and was still doing it in the reyes fight.
He needs to fight smarter than that else adesanya will lay him out
that's what I've been thinking too. it's a bad habit that will cost him at some point even against lesser strikers

Jan is a different kind of fighter. Jan doesn’t lull you into false security like yoel. Jan is a plodding power striker. His kicks are what will be key in this fight, that and his takedowns. Do not stand and kickbox with israel he is too crafty.

my prediction however, is israel knocks Jan out with some fancy shit like a high kick or possibly flying knee.

Back