What’s the gameplan for Izzy and Jan?

EnthusiastCultivator

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you were a coach what do you think is the best game plan for both dudes?

I’ll go first.

Israel Adesanya

Pick away at the legs early in the fight. Find tendencies and patterns to exploit in the later rounds.

Do not by any means let Jan get close. Running ala Gustafson is mandatory in this fight. You can’t let a huge 230lbs polish dude who has an underrated submission game wrap his hands around you and land shots in the clinch where Izzy’s reach advantage will be negated.

Go hard like you did against Gastelum in rounds 3-5. Impress the judges by having high output in the last minute of each round. Also no spinning shit please.

Jan Blachowicz

Throw a shit ton of feints. Make Izzy think a lot more than he does usually. Being stationary will not work at all.

Fake TDs and throw overhands. Don’t forget to throw body kicks at the end of your combos.

Commit fully to a double leg at the end of the round to possibly sway the judges if it was a close round. You have a tremendous weight advantage and it would be stupid to not utilize it.

Pointfight by all means possible versus finish by any means possible

Surely Izzy is gonna be more outside picking Jan up from distance and try to stay outside of boxing range and clinch as much as possible.

Jan will do opposite.

I put my breakdown in a previous post. I'll try and look for it later. But a simplified version is this

- Adesanya stay long range, maintain distance, back off cage, leg kicks thigh/calf. Use movement and avoid the clinch. Reset right away after combinations. Time strikes and counters as Jan tries to step into range. High kicks from long range and precision striking combinations from the outside, picking him apart over the course of the fight. Timing counters or catching him on the half steps and in-between combinations/resets.

Basically the way he fought Costa and Yoel.

- Jan needs to pressure and cut off the cage. Catch Adesanya on the back foot while trying to maintain distance/resetting. Clinch him if he gets close enough, go for take downs from upper body clinch, drive Adesanya against the cage if he gets him close enough to it. Use grappling to wear him out and take snap away from punches and make Adesanya more stationary. Turn it into a fight, throw combinations (more than 3 strikes at a time). If Jan is able to land any power shot it can change the dynamic of the fight. But he can't just run in wildly, he'll get timed and caught coming in. He needs to have false starts and come in after throwing a leg/body kick, or enter in behind multiple jabs/punch combinations. Adesanya will time/counter one jab or basic punch combinations. If Adesanya pulls his head back Jan needs to step in and not fire in place.

Adesanya's counters/defense is tricky so even if you know what to do, it's still hard to hit him if you don't have the timing and speed to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Izzy - Leg kicks and jabs and staying on the outside.
Jan - Push Izzy against fence.

Izzy- punch Jan in the face

Jan- punch Izzy in the face

If you were a coach what do you think is the best game plan for both dudes?

I’ll go first.

Israel Adesanya

Pick away at the legs early in the fight. Find tendencies and patterns to exploit in the later rounds.

Do not by any means let Jan get close. Running ala Gustafson is mandatory in this fight. You can’t let a huge 230lbs polish dude who has an underrated submission game wrap his hands around you and land shots in the clinch where Izzy’s reach advantage will be negated.

Go hard like you did against Gastelum in rounds 3-5. Impress the judges by having high output in the last minute of each round. Also no spinning shit please.

Jan Blachowicz

Throw a shit ton of feints. Make Izzy think a lot more than he does usually. Being stationary will not work at all.

Fake TDs and throw overhands. Don’t forget to throw body kicks at the end of your combos.

Commit fully to a double leg at the end of the round to possibly sway the judges if it was a close round. You have a tremendous weight advantage and it would be stupid to not utilize it.
If I'm coaching Jan, don't attack the head in the first round and a half. Show the jab and head attacks but don't commit to them.

Heavy on the counter leg kicks. Always finish combinations with kicks. Obviously clinch whenever possible. Attempt the takedowns when they are there.

Start attacking the head a bit later but try not to show a pattern.

If I'm coaching Adesanya, Jan has a lot of bad habits Izzy can exploit. Establish the jab. Keep Jan having to constantly turn and reset. Attack the legs.

Wtf am I saying, I'm no coach.

Izzy is taking this.

Jan should be leg kicking izzy. Cant create distance and use speed on a numb leg

Adesanya
- do what he did in the Romero fight

Jan
- one powerful punch
maybe but if thats the case the women might show the men up just like they did before Yoel vs Izzy
<{chips}>

Adesanya
- do what he did in the Romero fight

Jan
- one powerful punch

Izzy fighting like he did during his fight with Yoel is a surefire way to lose the fight.

Had he not immobilized Yoel with leg kicks during rounds 3-4-5 he would have lost, he lost the first two rounds on the judges scorecards.

Jan needs to force clinch situations with Izzy and hold him on the fence for as long as possible, he may not be able to take him down due to Adesanyas TDD, but he is certainly strong enough to hold him against the fence for the first few rounds and bank them due to control.

Jans job is to retain his belt, not put on an exciting fight for the fans.

jan early rounds manage distance and trade kicks,jan
body kick should make izzy panic,aim for trades in the pocket and corner izzy to the fence

If I'm coaching Jan, don't attack the head in the first round and a half. Show the jab and head attacks but don't commit to them.

Heavy on the counter leg kicks. Always finish combinations with kicks. Obviously clinch whenever possible. Attempt the takedowns when they are there.

Start attacking the head a bit later but try not to show a pattern.

If I'm coaching Adesanya, Jan has a lot of bad habits Izzy can exploit. Establish the jab. Keep Jan having to constantly turn and reset. Attack the legs.

Wtf am I saying, I'm no coach.

Izzy is taking this.
Fred Hampton avi ? bro dont get banned we need your knowledge
<TheDonald>

The speed advantage Adesanya has will allow him to finish the fight whenever he wants.

For Izzy, it’s stay mobile, don’t let Jan get close, and when Jan does try and close distance Izzy needs to counter him coming in.
For Jan it’s the exact opposite. Close distance, don’t let Izzy stay on the outside. Work in the clinch or against the fence as much as possible, and take Izzy down when he can to look for subs or gnp.

Back